  • From: chblackvelvet@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 07:43:51 -0400

VERY well said Sharon. this is not to critize one particular dog.

"If certain dogs are used a lot and
then their progeny are inbred on them for several generations, as has
happened before in the history of our breed, it can actually be helpful
to let
people know of lines that are free of that dog in order to bring in
fresh
genes."

Michelle

    #1: From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
        Subject:  CGC Fun in Los Angeles & Re: breeding
    #2: From: Falkrigia@xxxxxxx
        Subject: newest Champion at Falkrigia
    #3: From: "Kate Syssoloff" <rockannand@xxxxxxx>
        Subject: Re: Dallas and sons
    #4: From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
        Subject: Re: CGC Fun in Los Angeles & Re: breeding
    #5: From: "Paula Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Good Stuff
    #6: From: Lindenhill German Shepherds <lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
    #7: From: CODAGSD@xxxxxx
        Subject: Re: breeding

Msg: #1 in digest
From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
ate: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 22:32:43 EDT

In a message dated 9/13/2009 7:10:06 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
It was  fun, and Harley, as usual, done me proud

I heard that Harley was the second highest in the CGC.  I also  hear he
looked great in the ring.  I think he is as handsome a dog as we  could
ask
for.  To combine him with the Dallas lines would just lock in  type.
Not a bad
idea.

And for those fussing, I think I might co-own Harley.  I will check
with
Tedi and Paula, they will know.

Evan L.  Ginsburg
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/

------------------------------

Msg: #2 in digest
From: Falkrigia@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 22:34:43 EDT

Diego is now...........
 Champion Kaleef-Jaepaul SanJuan Diego Falkrigia   OFA good

We are so very proud of this boy as he is very special, coming to us as
young adult with absolutely no show experience and in a short time
actually
in the ring, finishing his Championship yesterday with 4 - 4-point
majors
under specialty judges.

Diego is Ch Bronson ROM x Ch Kaleef's Plaudit HSAS ROM (Plaudit is a
littermate to our Ch Man O War CD ROM and Ch Bold Ruler CD RN)

Diego already has Champion offspring from his only lit
ter so far.

Thanks to Jim for the opportunity to have this outstanding mover and
very
special dog.

And a special thanks to those of you who fell in love with that
sidegait as
much as we did!!

Looking forward to the future with him.........

lynda and gene

Check out our websites for constantly updated info and pictures
www.falkrigiashepherds.com
www.thecraftywoodchuck.com
Last Hope Safe Haven GSD Rescue - BOD
Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue  - Training Director

------------------------------

Msg: #3 in digest
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 19:41:11 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
From: "Kate Syssoloff" <rockannand@xxxxxxx>

It just seems very unfair to single out bloodlines via this forum. It
is
hurtful to many who love their dogs. Ask any owner of a GV how the dog
they
loved was torn apart.Â

Respect goes a long way when you are talking about the dog who sleeps at
your fellow dog owners bedside. Imagine if this was YOUR DOG people
were
talking about on the list. I am sorry, IMO it is just wrong.

===

As angry as it might make me...   I would hope that with all the
winning it
would have taken my dog to=2
0get to be the topic of conversation (good or
bad)
  on the List, that my experiences would have my skin as tough as my
dog's.

Kate

------------------------------

Msg: #4 in digest
From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 19:44:46 -0700

For all those that care, Harley did just fantastic.  But there are no
scores, no 1st or 2nd place.  The Irish Water  Spaniel was just great,
the Terv oh, so cool.  Paula's Harvey took the test totally at laid
back done, doing it ... some more initials behind my name, o.k.   But
all were were winners, and those that needed just a tad more time were
winners, too.  No scores, no firsts, no seconds.   Not a
competition.   darn it.

Stormy

On Sep 13, 2009, at 7:32 PM, ELG440@xxxxxxx wrote:

> In a message dated 9/13/2009 7:10:06 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
> pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> It was  fun, and Harley, as usual, done me proud
>

> I heard that Harley was the second highest in the CGC.  I also  hear
> he
> looked great in the ring.  I think he is as handsome a dog as we
> could ask
> for.  To combine him with the Dallas lines would just lock in  type.
> Not a bad
> idea.
>
> And for those fussing, I think I might co-own Harley.  I will check
> with
> Tedi and Paula, they will know.

van L.  Ginsburg

admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
> .

> =
> =
> =
> =
> =
> =

------------------------------

Msg: #5 in digest
From: "Paula Cooke" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 03:0
7:31 GMT

Big???   Only the second largest Country in the World, eh?

Paula, 29 days and counting

Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 03:49:50 +0000 (UTC)
From: Lindenhill German Shepherds <lindenhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I guess we can continue on, and push these issues or discussions back
into the shadows and not allow them to see the light of day, I for one
feel it is just this type of levity that is needed to help us move
forward as a breed. Certainly we can learn from the SV in this regard,
If we can not get our problems out in the open under the scrutiny of
our own community - we will fail to others who will, and we will be
relegated to those very same shadows where we belong.

I stand by my earlier comments Dallas was breed to some fantastic
bitches... the results speak for themselves(both good and bad). Who
will the n
ext great dog be, I guess we wait for the passing of the
torch and apply the formula again, and again

Let me know when you all are willing to have an HONEST and OPEN
discussion and let it all hang out.

Rumor has it a hit was put out on me, for speaking my mind and putting
pen to paper where many wouldn't dare to go but secretly agree.

Gotta go build a bomb shelter,

cya.

From: CODAGSD@xxxxxx
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 00:03:23 EDT

In a message dated 9/13/2009 7:37:26 PM Central Daylight Time,
Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> History repeats itself.  In the 80s, Ellen Heintz advertised "Lance
> free" lines.  She made a lot of people mad!  Thanks for the memories.

> I have to add that I LIKED Lance!!
> Penny in NY
> $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
> Does anyone advertise "Dallas Free lines" yet?
> Rebecca Little
> Peakes Brook German Shepherds
People who get mad when they see "Lance Free" or "Dallas Free" (or
whatever
dog being named) lines are assuming that is a slur on the dog by the
person
doing the advertising. Not necessarily. If certain dogs are used a lot
and
then their progeny are inbred on them for several generations, as has
happened before in the history of our breed, it can actually be helpful
to let
people know of lines that are free of that dog in order to bring in
fresh
genes.

Sharon
CODA GERMAN SHEPHERDS