  • From: Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 18:44:54 EDT

In a message dated 8/25/2006 3:31:18 PM Pacific Standard Time, Showgsd-
Msg: #8 in digest
From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 18:19:08 EDT
Subject: Re: the WHITE GSD

In a message dated 8/25/2006 4:55:35 P.M. Central Standard Time,
kmc@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Cocker Spaniel =3D=3D> English Cocker Spaniel, Cocker Spaniel
Belgian Shepherd =3D=3D> Belgian Sheepdog, B.Terv, B.Mal

English Cocker and Cocker Spaniels are two completely different
breeds--didn't even start off from the same breed. Belgian sheepdog,Belgian
Terv, Bel
Mal are all considered as one breed in Canada. They are each judged as a
separate breeds in the USA.No disqualifications,allowed in either country.
Belgian
Shepherd--Completely different and separate breed.Not related at all ,any
more than the GSD is related to the three other Belgian breeds, I would
suggest
you get the AKC Complete Dog Book,which has the history and use,and how it
came into being. The AKC is introducing new breeds all the time I just read
up
on the Leonberger,which I will have to judge after Jan 2007. A St. Bernard
crossed with a Great Pyrenees. the recrossed with a St. Bernard again.and
Swiss Pyrenees. A huge animal--150-175 # with a lion-like mane. It's always
interesting to see new breeds created,but the WHITE GS is not a new,nor ever
will
be unless they try and make it something else
Helen Miller Fisher

   I HOPE EVERYONE LISTENS TO HELEN'S WORDS OF WISDOM!!!
 SHE IS  NOT ONLY A HIGHLY RESPECTED ALL-BREED  JUDGE , SHE  ALSO SERVED AS
THE PAST PRESIDENT OF THE GSDCA AND HAS BEEN INVOLVED WITH  THE EDUCATION AND
BREEDING / EXHIBITING  AND HANDLING GERMAN SHEPHERDS FOR MANY, MANY  YEARS!!!
 THIS LADY KNOWS WHAT SHE IS TALKING ABOUT.!! ..BARB WILLIAMS