  • From: Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 15:40:13 EDT

In a message dated 8/24/2006 12:24:58 PM Pacific Standard Time, Showgsd-
Msg: #1 in digest
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 11:52:54 -0500
From: Bob Freeny <RFREENY@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: showgsd-l Digest V3 #2157

Thanks Barb for setting the record straight, There are few people left
with the knowledge that you have about The blood lines of our mutual
past. Many people think Mike was a Bernd son. He was a Bernd grandson.
He was 3 times Nordrack and 1 time Bernd .I am sure you know that better
than anyone though. That is something people might be interested to
know. That Mike and Lance both came down from the Arbywood "F" litter.
But It was Brend that stamped the type . And it was Fritz/ Nordrack
that produced the iron backs and coorinated suspended movement.---Bob
Freeny

Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx wrote:

>You are right Barb about the town of Yoncalla,BUT!! VERY WRONG ABOUT ARDYCE
>BEING MIKE'S BREEDER. I bought Mike's mother ( Collette) at 7 months from a
>co-worker for $45.00. Located Ardyce Shively 6 months later and made a deal
with
>her to breed Colette to Mr. America. Ardyce got pick of the litter. She took
>bitch from that breeding for the stud service. I did not have a kennel name
>at the time,so Ardyce offered to let me regester Mike with her kennel name.
>---Bob Freeny
>
>Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx wrote:
>

>Sorry about that!!!!!!!!!!! I had Yoncalla and Ardyce in mind and of
>course, I know you were the Breeder of Mike!!! DUH!!!! on my part!! LOL!!!
>I guess I was thinking of Mike's Sire.".Yoncalla's Mr. America" as being
>bred and owned by Ardyce.. and of course I recall, Mike's Dam, Collette
too!!
>She was from Von Schrief..lines..as was My Ch. Santana's Man O' War ROM was
>also... thru Ch. Von Schrief's Portrait ROM... and I remember Mike's
>brother also, Ch. Winterzeit's Big Boy?? Right??
>Those Dam's lines went back to the Great 'BIG IMP' Ch. Arno of Bervic!!!!
>Ruth Schriefer's Pride and Joy.and her Belgard's Roguetta ROM by Ronnie of
>Mi-Noah's who was killed early in his life, in a cyclone that truck the
>kennels that were in the Barn on Noah Bloomer's ( Mi-Noah Shepherds)
property.and
>with the loss of Ronnie, the OUTSTANDING young Son of his Grand Victor Ch.
>Alert of Mi-Noahs ROM, that took the heart out of Noah, as I was told and
ended
>his Shepherd breeding for all practical purposes.. .. That was a trip down
>Memory Lane!!!
>I wish we had those Shepherds today!!!
>I think the bloodlines clearly illustrate and bring up the subject of the
>INVALUABLE DAM LINES that are so often overlooked and go unheralded in ads
>etc.. granting most of the attention to the Sires...Makes us all take a look

>back and think about how it all came to pass..Best!! barb

  BOB!!!    As you know so well, these German Shepherds have been My Life...
I recall so many of them , as clearly as if they were standing in front of
me.. I recall Ch. Fritz of Maryden, that you talked of, behind Mike, as Doyle,
handled him to his Championship.. We could always depend  on  Ch. Noordraak of
Matterhorn ROM, his Sons and Daughters, most of the time, , to Bring on those
Strong backs!!
 I guess I am probably boring others, so i won't continue, but before I go,
just have to mention two  of My All-Time Favorites sired by Noordraak...Ch.
Bismarck von Graustein!!!  and my Ch. Santana's Swaps...Noordraak consistently
helped in  giving  the  high wither   without sacrificng the layback of the
shoulder blades!!!   Rare today...Best!! Barb