  • From: Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 16:33:31 EDT

In a message dated 8/20/2006 1:04:38 PM Pacific Standard Time, Showgsd-
Msg: #1 in digest
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 15:12:59 -0400
From: Peggy <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: The strongest pack leader

An owner with a brain.............God bless you, Stormy...there
should be more like you!
Peggy

Stormy435@xxxxxxx wrote:

>I have decided that I am not the STRONGEST pack leader that I have ever met.

>Yes, I am alpha in my pack, but not "hard" enough to let a group of dogs run

>together, not "tough" enough to have a number of bitches loose enough in my
>house, while they are deciding who is 2nd alpha after ME.
>
>Does this mean that I am a bad GSD owner? Nope. What it means is that I
>know just where I stand in the dog's world. So I can train (and I'm Great at

>that), but it is with the dogs' love and caring for me. I have learned to
>work on being VERY consistent, whereas a stronger 'pack leader' could
probably
>ease off more. I keep my pack small, so that there is no question that I am
>the leader and there is not an under current of pack leadership under me,
>whooshy as I am (is that a word?)
>

>I'll never be a dog whisperer, which saddens me, because I would love to
have
>that quality. But I do accept that the dogs that have been through my house
>and my whelping pens have an undying love for me and will do what I ask
>because of that.
>

>Sometimes, I think, it's important to realize your limitations without
>faulting yourself or trying to be like you hear or see or read that somebody
else
>it.

  STORMY:   You have really said it all!!!!  I feel the same way!!!'It's a
Wise Woman who knows her limitations!!" LOL!!!   Barb  williams