  • From: culzeans1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 10:46:04 -0400

This summer I bought a fan that I can attach the water hose to. My dogs are in
the house during the hottest part of the day and we have a huge covered patio
when they want to go out. I turn on the mister fan when they are out and it
cools down things about 10 degrees or so. We are in NE Texas and have had quite
a few days with 100+ temps.  Misters on top of your kennels? maybe?  We want
to do misters on one side of the patio next summer. I don't have them in
kennels,they have a huge patio and a 2/3rds of an acre back yard to play in,
with their little wading pool.  I only have 4 so I don't know if it is
possible for kennels, but I would think you could do it with kennels as well.
Maybe a covering for the kennels that repels sun/heat? Venting the kennel
building? Or maybe room air conditioners for the kennel building? I wonder if
they make anything solar so the costs wouldn't be outrageous?
Good luck!

Msg: #4 in digest
ate: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 19:49:00 -0700
rom: Betsy Reinier <betsy1r@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
ubject: ??  how do you keep your dogs cooler in this heat wave ?
.�:*¨¨*:�. Hello again .�:*¨¨*:�.
I would like to know how you keep your dogs a little cooler in this heat
ave. It's suppose to be 101° tomorrow. Been so hot here for the last
ouple of weeks with no end in site yet. So I would like to know what
ou guys do, so maybe I can add to what I'm doing.
I've been soaking all
 my dogs down with the hose 3 times a day and
ometimes, emptying their water buckets twice a day, so they will have
ooler water to drink.
They are outside in their kennel runs during the day. We have patio
locks (6X12"?) for their floor; with sand underneath to hold them
etter in place, with either a 2x4 or 2x6 for the frame. Anyway, over
he years the patio blocks have sunk down a little in the front of the
ennel where they usually walk or lay down - and about 2 -3 rows back.
ecause of this I can fill the front of their kennels with at least 1"
r more with my hose. They love it!! "Tilly," who just turned 11 years
ld yesterday... likes to sit in the water.
Unfortunately I don't have an air conditioner for my dogs in their
uilding that they go into for the night, (nor for us, but the dogs
lways come first with me), and at 7:15 pm it was 87° in there!! Now
'll soak the dogs down again before I put them to "bed" and turn on
heir fans. *Any other suggestions here?
*Thank you for any suggestions you can give me.
Betsy
<cid:part1.06040303.01060804@wavecable.com>I Love all my
ogs...past...present... and future.