  • From: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: marina1@xxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 21:38:24 EDT

Ann

This couldn't  have been said any better.  I think is time  for those
involved to take a step back and realize the implications of their
suggestions.

Like in your situation, Herding is not readily available around here. There
 are two places, but I cant tell you how many times we have called to go
herding  with our guys, and never even get a return call.  I have invited
myself  <G> to herding groups who are VERY uncomfortable dealing with GSDs. Oh
well. My guys are well behaved and we haven't had any trouble, but I feel
like  there should be more to do than just work on a pen, again, and again.

So we continue looking, but meantime we do other things too.  Like
Rally.......imagine that....

And then there is the dreaded "W"......work.....gota work to make the money
 to spend on the dogs. Not all of us are rich..........what was that
discussion  last year about elitist mentality???

As for Capri.....don't sweat it, she was an award winner, all titles be
damned.  I am sorry for your loss.

Ileana

In a message dated 7/26/2009 9:15:16 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
marina1@xxxxxxxx writes:
Ileana,

Whether we could have gone on to the next level of  Rally or not I will now
never have that chance as it is too late she is  gone.   As far as I am
concerned, we completed the requirements  of the title that year in good
faith however, it is absolutely  heartbreaking to now have my beautiful
Capri's AOE title belittled in such  an ugly manner.   How hurtful to all
of
us!

Face it,  sheep herding is not available at a reasonable price, five
minutes
from  one's home, for everyone in this country.    Many of us are not
retired
and available for unlimited training sessions in "whatever" venue  the GSD
Board decides qualifies for the AOE in THAT particular  year.

Many of us have jobs and yes these are the same jobs that afford  us the $$
for that animal to go on to that coveted "select" title but they  are also,
on the other hand, the jobs that afford us very little leisure  time.
Therefore anything WE as owners can do with our dogs and not have to
"hire"
yet another handler is to me very very valuable!    .

Ileana
steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222585106x1201462830/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=115&bcd
=JulystepsfooterNO115)