  • From: Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 18:31:03 EDT

In a message dated 7/13/2006 1:40:00 PM Pacific Standard Time, Showgsd-
Msg: #7 in digest
From: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 16:24:00 EDT
Subject: Re: STANDARD-Saved best for last!!!!!

In a message dated 7/13/2006 6:01:10 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
targa50@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I think this test can be a real blackmark on our breed (especially
when not done properly) and tells the world that we have temperament
problems that need to be "tested" in the ring.

Pat,
I think in my humble opinion that the only "blackmark" on our breed is when
a dog fails to pass, or judges fail to administer it correctly. Other
countries require it for their "Best of Breed competition, you never hear
anyone
say it is a negative thing regarding the breed. It is looked upon as
necessary
to maintain, or help maintain, proper temperament, and character for the
breed, Without those things you have NO GSD.

Kathy

Victory....There's Something in a Name

  Kathy and All:   I think it is a Grand idea!!! Hope it can be implemented.
I do want to add  a thought..
.The Judges who perform and Judge these Dogs reactions, etc. need to be
bullet=proof themselves..
 I've seen too many Judges who are actually afraid down deep of  some of
these dogs. Their approach is to timidly reach out and pat them on the head,
covering the dogs eyes as they do so... A real no..no.. and also approaching
them
out of the sun and creating a black shadow... I am not saying  not to do it, I
am just saying you need lots of Bob Penny's out there doing the exams...Maybe
we can clone him???  Barb Williams