  • From: FBoese@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 13:26:28 EDT

Hi Pat...I'm dealing with PI right now  ( past week and a half ,  currently
no new blisters) and it's a real problem for me too ... First of all  when
I do garden any more I cover any exposed areas with a product called
Technu.  This stuff PREVENTS poison ivy or any  other poisons  pretty well.
Caladryl or any of the topicals don't  work for me ,Bleach Does work but burns
the skin...  I keep a supply of  5mg pred handy and (one tab every day for 4
days  then every other day until there are no more blisters...Then I wean
myself off it.. Sometimes it can take almost 4 weeks depending on the
severity)   I came upon a topical at the flea market  2 weeks ago called
Jewelweed
salve , nature's cure for poison ivy..Works pretty  well on the blisters I
have the literature if you would like to e-mail me  privately. I know some of
you will totally disagree with  MY  treatment for PI , but I am terribly
allergic to any of this stuff and  this is all that works for me to date...FloB

In a message dated 7/21/2009 10:09:21 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
Msg: #2  in digest
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 04:44:11 -0700 (PDT)
From: Patricia  Cross <chstormdog@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: OT - Dealing with Poison  Sumac, Oak & the others

Does any one have a quick cure for dealing  with this nasty stuff? I found
some "accidently" while pulling what I thought  were weeds over 2 weeks ago.
It was growing up with my azalea bush.  I  have sprayed it and it is some
pretty tough stuff as it doesn't die very  easily. Now I have just finished a
10 day dose of prednisone and it is still  appearing and itching like
crazy. The Caladryl just isn't working to relieve  the itch and taking Benadryl
while trying to work is not an option.
Any  suggestions would be greatly  appreciated?

Thanks,
Patti

**************What's for dinner tonight?  Find quick and easy dinner ideas
for any occasion.