  • From: Santanagsd1954@xxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 13:55:31 EDT

In a message dated 7/11/2006 10:06:06 AM Pacific Standard Time, Showgsd-
Msg: #3 in digest
From: "D.D. and Bonnie Ardoin" <cudjoegsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Standard- New Discussion
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 12:04:16 -0500
Candy = I agree with you about the "tail" problem but the discussion I
wanted to start was about the Standard not mentioning the functions of the
tail in motion. So you severely fault the tail you describe while the next
judge does not fault the same tail on the same dog the next day. Who is
right? The Standard does not describe it as a fault. Should it be faulted
under the section in the Standard called GAIT? It states "Faults in gait,
whether viewed from front, rear or side, are to be considered very serious
faults. The problem with that is I have seen many dogs with the above
mentioned "faulty" tail, gait without apparent interference from the tail`s
bouncing off the hocks. Is it cosmetically displeasing of functionally
displeasing? Should a person severely fault a dog for reasons other than
what is called for in the Standard? Inquiring minds want to know? D.D.