  • From: chblackvelvet@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 21:37:38 -0400

Do you have the sire and dam for the winners Amy???

Msg: #5 in digest-Subject: Great Lakes Maturity Results

    #1: From: fran rood <hylock200@xxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: Hi Betty
    #2: From: fran rood <hylock200@xxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L  (no subject)
    #3: From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
        Subject: New York, S4961A  (more than FOUR intact females)
    #4: From: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: Re: Perianal Fistulas
    #5: From: Amy Greenhut <genoaktortoise@xxxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: Great Lakes Maturity Results
    #6: From: Robert Neiman <bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: Re: [ SHOWGSD-L  (no subject)
    #7: From: "Betty Abrams" <betjagsd@xxxxxxx>
        Subject: Handling my own dog
    #8: From: "Tanya D'Armand" <floridacracker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: Re: gsdca Logo
    #9: From: Robert Utter <utter227@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
    #10:    From: Joan Fox <campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx>

----------

Msg: #1 in digest
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 11:36:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: fran rood <hylock200@xxxxxxxxx>

If you feel like showing, don't let the snickers bother you. They are
just jealous that they can't show or are to young and stupid to know
when they are being hurtful...
I am over 60 and still enjoy showing , although I blew my knee at the
last show when my puppy zig and i zagged. Made me feel good to be able
to still go Round...lol
Age is just a frame of mind... and if me showing a dog make them feel
good to snicker, so be it. I am having fun...
Just wait till they get old...
I remember telling my son at 16 (i hope when you get married and have
kids, you get one just like you) at the time he thought it was sunny,
but now he is in his 40's and guess what. He called me and asked if I
would take that curse off..I guess I was smarter than he thought. His
son is giving him more grief than he gave me...
I chuckled after I hung the phone up.
Fran

------------------------------

Msg: #2 in digest
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 11:47:39 -0700 (PDT)
From: fran rood <hylock200@xxxxxxxxx>

i remember a long time ago I put up a bitch that was out of coat, but
she was a moving machine. A handler in the ring smugly said, (how could
you put a dog in that condition"out of coat"up) I looked a
t her dog and
replied....coat grows back front's don't ..She shut up....that bitch
finished that day...
I have a puppy that is refusing to blow her coat, she came in and out
of season and still has not blown her coat.  When she is shown the
judges think she is fat, but it is coat...this is the first animal that
I have shown that when I said dog show the hair did not fall out..lol
Fran
but she is still a puppy, when I decide to get serious with her and it
counts she will blow coat before I even think dog show,,, I am sure ....

------------------------------

Msg: #3 in digest
From: Stormy Hope <Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 11:47:45 -0700

Please forward this to your contacts in New York.  Encourage them to
join DFNY (Dog Federation of New York).
Stormy

**Regarding "puppymills"**

S4961A Oppenheimer (same as A 7983A Paulin)
Redefines "pet dealer" by REMOVING the exemption for residential/hobby
breeders and ADDING "any person who SELLS, OFFERS FOR SALE OR
NEGOTIATES THE SALE OR PURCHASE OF ANIMALS BORN OR RAISED ON ANOTHER
PREMISES; (B) KEEPS ON HIS OR HER PREMISES MORE THAN FOUR INTACT FEMALE
DOGS SIX MONTHS OF AGE OR OLDER FOR THE PURPOSE OF BREEDING SUCH DOGS"

The proposal also adds numerous requirements for care of animals by
"pet dealers" including veterinary protocols, exercise, and more. Also
requires pet20dealers to authorize release of their records with breed
registries and veterinarians to New York State or its agents.

link: http://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?bn=A07983&sh=t

- - - -

S5392A Squadron (same as A7285 Paulin)
Prohibits ownership or custody of more than 50 intact dogs or cats

Allows for seizure of dogs or cats if any person or business "has in
its care" more than 50 intact dogs or cats over the age of 4 months.
Note that such animals may be sold off or killed by the impounding
agency if security bond requirements are not met within five days.

link: http://assembly.state.ny.us/leg/?bn=A07285

Note: this bill is endorsed by HSUS

- - - -

Please join the Dog Federation of New York in opposing these bills and
immediately write or phone NYS Agriculture Committee Chair Darrel
Aubertine and the Agriculture committee members to express your
concern regarding such extremist proposals. If enacted, both will
devastate lawful, humane pet breeders.

As always, be brief, be polite, mention the bill number and "oppose"
in the subject line

------------------------------

Msg: #4 in digest
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 12:11:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

many times this is misdiagnosed...made sure it isn't a case of an
impacted anal glands....Ed
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 19:58:24 +0000 (UTC)
From: Amy Greenhut <genoaktortoise@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Best In Maturity....Lockenhaus Isis V Kenlyn Hi-Cliff

Best Opposite.....Winsome's Raybear V Eko-Lan

Reserve Maturity Dog....Sanhedrin's Summer Romance

Reserve Maturity Bitch.....Tazzman's Sirena

Amy Greenhut
Justrock German Shepherds
Gen Oak Leopard Tortoises &  Tortoise Rescue
Behold The Turtle,  He Makes Progress Only When He Sticks His Neck Out
A Quote By James B. Conant

------------------------------

Msg: #6 in digest
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 13:23:23 -0700 (PDT)
From: Robert Neiman <bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx>

Mention dog show and my Morgan son would start limping don't enter and
the day after entries closed guess who wasn't limping. Loved Kochise to
death just not his attitude.
Bob Neiman / Walled Lake, Mich.
Breeder/owner of UKC GR Ch.B'N'B-Barkalot's Cherish RN
Co-owner of Parklin's Pillow Talk AKA Gidget
Co-owner of UKC ChSandyCreek-B'N'B-WC's Christmas Star AKA Echo
Co-owner of Ketlyn's Black Widow

[...]

==

------------------------------

Msg: #7 in digest
From: "Betty Abrams" <betjagsd@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 17:28:13 -0400

I never felt such kindness as I have in the past few days.  It was not =
my goal to receive so many "Go Girl" responses.  I felt compelled to
wag =
my finger and say "Shame on you".  I have had GSD's just about all my =
life,and always say "if you can have a german shepherd why would you =
have anything else?"  Although I will probably never show my dog myself
=
again, it's not because of the snickers.  I know I'm better than that.
=
I never knew there were so many kind, compassionate people left in the =
dog world let alone the GSD world.  From the bottom of my heart I'd
like =
to say THANK-YOU to everyone who sent me a "Go Girl" and sympathy.  It =
was not the reason I posted my experience.  I wanted to let the people =
who laughed and poin
ted to feel ashamed and maybe think twice before =
doing it again.  I am older and wiser but am worried about someone else
=
going through what I did.  Maybe they would get a very bad taste and =
never go to another show.  Thanks again.
Betty Abrams

------------------------------

Msg: #8 in digest
From: "Tanya D'Armand" <floridacracker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 17:44:29 -0400

Am I correct in my assumption that the GSDCA logo is not to be used on
anyone's website?  If this
is true, please advise me who to contact as there is someone who is
using it
on their site.

Tanya D'Armand
Jasmine Acres GSD
www.jasmineacresgsd.com

===
> POST is Copyrighted 2008.  All material remains the property of the
>
> ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN
ANY
> PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS
EXPRESSLY
> FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS
 OF THIS PROHIBITION
WILL
> BE PROSECUTED.
>
> For assistance, please contact the List Management at
admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx

===

------------------------------

Msg: #9 in digest
From: Robert Utter <utter227@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 17:53:47 -0400

I had a gsd bitch that when she got to the show,  acted so sick, that
the vet was called to examine her.  Nothing was found wrong but the co-
owner who was showing her withdrew her and took her home.   As soon as
she got home, out of the car she bounded and went directly to the
swimming pool  as happy as a lark.
Anne, TN

On May 29, 2009, at 4:23 PM, Robert Neiman wrote:

> Mention dog show and my Morgan son would start limping don't enter
> and the day after entries closed guess who wasn't limping. Loved
> Kochise to death just not his attitude.
> Bob Neiman / Walled Lake, Mich.

Anne
utter227@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

------------------------------

Msg: #10 in digest
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 15:00:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: Joan Fox <campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx>

You are correct. It can't be us
ed.
My suggestion would be the club's legal counsel, LaMar Fredericks.
I have copied him above.

________________________________
Am I correct in my assumption that the GSDCA logo is not to be used on
anyone's website?  If this
is true, please advise me who to contact as there is someone who is
using it
on their site.

Tanya D'Armand
Jasmine Acres GSD
www.jasmineacresgsd.com

==> POST is Copyrighted 2008.  All material remains the property of the

> ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN
ANY
> PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT IS
EXPRESSLY
> FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLAT
ORS OF THIS PROHIBITION
WILL
> BE PROSECUTED.
>
> For assistance, please contact the List Management at
admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx

==>

==POST is Copyrighted 2008.  All material remains the property of the
original author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or
FORWARDS of any kind are permitted without prior permission of the
original author AND of the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN
ANY MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE
EXPRESS PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE LIST MANAGEMENT
IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF THIS
PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED.

==

End of showgsd-l Digest V3 #1229