  • From: Culzeans1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 20:27:28 EDT

In a message dated 4/4/2008 10:13:30 PM Central Standard Time,
Msg: #8  in digest
From: "Cyndy Davis" <cyndy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  I stopped watching when
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 22:02:15 -0500

I wish  you'd watched the whole show. I think that she presented the options
for  getting a good dog fairly, as did the guy who ran the no kill shelter.
He  did mention ethical breeders and how to find one. Oprah also  later
mentioned  that the good breeders she got her dogs from had  interrogated her
and asked all the right questions.

All in all I  think it was a good representation of, unfortunately, the way
things  are.

I agree with you, it wasn't a witch hunt and I thought they all made it
clear that they were not talking about reputable breeders. And they stressed if

you want a purebred, go to the breed rescue. There is nothing wrong with
getting  rid of puppymills while recognizing the difference between reputable
breeders  and puppymills. Hopefully all the breed rescues and shelters will
benefit
from this show.