  • From: Culzeans1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 14:31:25 EST

Well, speaking as a newbie, when I started looking for my first pure bred
GSD, I did look for Champion lines, but preferably Champion sired. I don't
know
if we give the "buying" public enough credit. I get probably 3 calls a week
for people looking for pups and 2 of the 3 want to know about bloodlines,
first  question is usually about hip/elbow certification and the second is
bloodlines,  how many champions, champion sired and so on. I find that they
also like
 information on the breed and if I can point them in the right direction I
do.
As far as finishing a dog at any cost, it seems to be something that no one
particularly cares for but some very big names in the GSD world do just that.
Look at the testicle discussion, didn't someone mention that the testicles
descended late, they were advised not to breed them, yet they were advised to
go  out and finish them? Why finish them? This is supposed to be our breeding
stock,  so if you are not going to breed them, keep them home as wonderful
pets. To me  that is lesser quality and screws with all of us.
Pam

In a message dated 12/6/2008 12:32:51 P.M. Central Standard Time,
Msg: #3  in digest
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 09:26:53 -0800 (PST)
From: Joan Fox  <campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: MAJORS

I wonder why  some want to finish a dog at any cost. Going to lesser quality
areas for  cheaper majors, etc.
What do they have when all is said and done?
The  showing public does not breed to them or by puppies from them and the
public  will not pay more just because it says  CH.
Joan