  • From: "Laurie Pruett" <pruett@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 12:54:32 -0500

Video
-----Original Message-----
From: <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: showgsd-l digest users <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Sent: 11/19/2008 12:15:53 PM
Subject: showgsd-l Digest V2 #3267

showgsd-l Digest        Wed, 19 Nov 2008        Volume: 02  Issue: 3267

In This Issue:
        #1:     From: Lealynn@xxxxxxx
                Subject: GSDC of Anne Arundel  Aug. 08
        #2:     From: Sandra Kozub <skozub@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: Re: Nationals
        #3:     From: caggra@xxxxxxx
                Subject: Re: Was Head Pieces 2008 US National --now other
things.
        #4:     From: "Ruth Hartridge" <rhartrid@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: Re: Head Pieces 2008 US National
        #5:     From: "Sue Mazzeo" <Sue.Mazzeo@xxxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: National Pictures
        #6:     From: Kay Reamensnyder Betty Doerpinghaus <bedkar@xxxxx>
        #7:     From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
things.
        #8:     From: "Maureen" <murk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: Re: Looking For a PUPPY
        #9:     From: Ams <shutter45@xxxxxxxxx>
                Subject: Re: heads

Msg: #1 in digest
From: Lealynn@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 11:55:14 EST

Can someone with a catalog please e-mail me, privately.  I need some
information from that show for the Red Book.
Thanks~!

Liz
_www.lealynn.com_ (http://www.lealynn.com/)
GSDCA member since  1976
Signers of the Breeders Code

------------------------------

Msg: #2 in digest
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 10:55:40 -0600
From: Sandra Kozub <skozub@xxxxxxxxxxx>

At 07:28 AM 11/19/2008 -0800, you wrote:
>Hi Zane,
>I have to disagree with you on the movement part. The movement has gone
>straight downhill along with the correct type and sexual characteristics.
>In reality, it's almost hard to finish a good moving dog anymore as they
>look too different and the judges eyes are becoming trained to accept the
>lack of correct  outreaching sidegait. Sidegait is a part of correct
>Shepherd type.

>Joan

Thanks Joan

IMO I  think that this is a really big problem.   In talking to some people
(even judges)
many  really like that incorrect, fast, flashy movement.   I have also
heard many people
critize the proper ground covering, elastic & easy moving gait as not being
"exciting" enough.   Again, IMO, when I get to see this correct movement as
described in
our standard, I get goosebumps!!
Sandy
Sandra Kozub
KcK Kennels
http://iweb.tntech.edu/rkozub/kennel.htm

------------------------------

Msg: #3 in digest
Subject: Re: Was Head Pieces 2008 US National --now other things.
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 11:56:00 -0500
From: caggra@xxxxxxx

I agree about bitchy males, but I also think that some view a slower maturing
dog as bitchy, where in fact, a slower maturing dog at the end of the day will
be a better working dog with more athleticism and likely a more suspended
proper gait.?
Jeff

From: "Ruth Hartridge" <rhartrid@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 11:58:15 -0500

See, Gary ! Kathy agrees with me !!!11
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Head Pieces 2008 US National

Oops sorry my PC sent the email before I asked it to...lol
Gary,
As usual your "soapbox" is right on the money.
Lack of secondary sex characteristics is glaring.
Males that look like bitches, bitches that resemble dogs .  (maybe great for
a brood bitch, but still you don't want them masculine)
Lack of correct movement.   Rumbling over the loin and croup, because the
too steep croups with the faulty rears have to transmit all that "movement"
somewhere.  Yep, lot of movement there...all in the wrong places.  Watch the
Nationals tapes along that white wall and ask why is there so much movement
along the back, loin and croup?  It is not supposed to do that.

Gary, people are ALREADY ASKING  "Where's the Movement?"   Some are plush
and pretty and look great at ONE speed.  FAST.   The real movers were
evident under Helen Gleason, because the ones that look good only going
fast...fell apart.
We were at a specialty over the summer and out here, it is not even can't
move, but plushy pretty....the dogs we saw were ugly, poorly  constructed,
faulty in the rears, and couldn't move, with poor secondary sex
characteristics.
At one point we had to laugh , because it was almost funny.  Now we
(collectively speaking) have not only lost movement and correct structure
and pigment, now they are ugly too?   Unreal.
The plushy pretty ones that go flying around the ring, are not really
fooling anyone.  Nor are the dyed ones that we saw, and many got the gate at
the Nationals.   They are only fooling themselves.

THIS IS A MOVING BREED....we have lost that in many instances, pervasively
in some areas and in some lines.
We are now seeing quick steppers, strung up, or hauling butt around a ring,
because with the short croups , long hocks and poor backs they come apart
when gaited in a controlled manner.
We are seeing the "flavor of the day" breedings give the fancy a lot of
nothing.  We are seeing dogs linebred on animals that several years ago NONE
of us would have owned. Dogs that couldn't move, that were faulty in
conformation, pigment and ratios.    It is amazing that people have
forgotten that. Or choose not to remember where many of these faults have
come from...conveniently.

At this point a large majority of our breed is being out -gaited by
Pointers, Poodles and Terriers.  Congratulations...what a proud day.    Ick.

http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com
Updated: Oct 20, 2008 ~ HOME OF::
CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs
CH. Victory's Leviathan
CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne Isle

WE SUPPORT DRUG AND DYE TESTING

------------------------------

Msg: #5 in digest
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 09:00:22 -0800
From: "Sue Mazzeo" <Sue.Mazzeo@xxxxxxxxxx>

I have a complaint about the pictures.  Not about the quality.  Why is the Von
Stephanitz trophy NOT in the pictures with the Grand Victor and Grand Victrix?
It wasn't there last year either.  Since the trophies are now too fragile for
the owners to take home for the year (and way too valuable), the least the
Parent Club could do is make sure the trophy gets in the picture!

I have no idea whose responsibility this should be, but someone should be in
charge of making sure that it gets done at EVERY national.

Sue Mazzeo

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This communication with its contents may contain
confidential and/or legally privileged information. It is solely for the use of
the intended recipient(s). Unauthorized interception, review, use or disclosure
is prohibited and may violate applicable laws including the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender and destroy all copies of the communication.

------------------------------

Msg: #6 in digest
From: Kay Reamensnyder Betty Doerpinghaus <bedkar@xxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 17:01:49 +0000

I agree Kathy.......although refined heads may not be listed as a
fault, the correctly proportioned head with correct ear set and length
of ear, goes to "TYPE".....it's one of the factors that differentiates the
German Shepherd from the Belgian Shepherd (and other prick-eared breeds).

Kay -Kay Reamensnyder and Betty Doerpinghaus -Home of Bedkar German Shepherds
-bedkar@xxxxx -Visit our Website:  www.bedkargsd.com > Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008
08:49:06 -0800> From: rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx> To: inflight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Was Head Pieces 2008 US
National --now other things.> > Love this Kathaleen..But while the head is not
specifically a fault in, and> of itself, if it is part of a dog that lacks
secondary sex characteristics,> it is a fault. Spare me a bitchy male...and
there's a lot of them...ugh.> Kathy> http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com>
Updated: Oct 20, 2008 ~ HOME OF::> CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs> CH.
Victory's Leviathan> CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne Isle> WE SUPPORT DRUG
AND DYE TESTING> > > > On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 7:24 PM, Kathaleen Strong>
<inflight@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:> > > While I agree that we are losing some in
our headpieces, I'd like to point> > out a couple of things:> >> > 1
 ) Head faults are not technically faults. The head is described but it> > does
not list an incorrect head as a fault. Esthetically speaking, there> > is>

------------------------------

Msg: #7 in digest
From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 12:04:16 -0500

I agree with you on this, Jeff...there's a dog out now who started winning
well while quite immature.  When
I first saw him I was disappointed....there just wasn't enough of him and he
was bitchy, to my eyes.  He's now settled into
looking good and appears to have filled out, not to mention that his head
has come along.  Nowadays, I think
maybe he's masculine enough   but I could be wrong........most of us are,
some of the time.  .

    Anyway, judges are supposed to judge on the day...not on what they think
might happen later...

Peggy

>I agree about bitchy males, but I also think that some view a slower
>maturing dog as bitchy, where in fact, a slower maturing dog at the end of
>the day will be a better working dog with more athleticism and likely a
>more suspended proper gait.?
> Jeff

------------------------------

Msg: #8 in digest
From: "Maureen" <murk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 11:05:40 -0600

I am sorry Y'all! The Fort Worth-Dallas area. It is a Texas thing.........Mo

> Where is FW/D?

------------------------------

Msg: #9 in digest
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 09:14:46 -0800 (PST)
From: Ams <shutter45@xxxxxxxxx>

Try these links. Since I changed my web site the photos are no longer under
that link,,,,á
Damn computers

Amy
http://www.backprint.com/view_user_photo.asp?PID=bp%1Bs%40s&EVENTID0091&PWD=&IDB299072&FROM=browser&START=1&SHOW6&CAT=0&SUB=0