  • From: Ruth Scheubler <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: DaList <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 14:14:16 -0800 (PST)

The only problem with the questionaires is honesty. Back in the days (many,
many moons ago) when I helped with the Red Book, I remember typing up a stud
dog's page where the owner stated all the problems her dog did not produce
while I personally knew of a litter that had most of them. I quit reading the
comments after that.
Ruth

  #1: From: Lealynn@xxxxxxx<mailto:Lealynn@xxxxxxx>
  Subject: 2008 Futurity/Maturity Top 20 dams
  #2: From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx<mailto:Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  Subject: LasVegas, NV:Groups oppose pet ordinance requiring steri
  #3: From: Lealynn@xxxxxxx<mailto:Lealynn@xxxxxxx>
  Subject: Red Book questionaire
  #4: From: Deb Sullivan
<victorysbullseye@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:victorysbullseye@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
  Subject: Re: Red Book questionaire
  #5: From: "" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
  #6: From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx<mailto:Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  Subject: Re: Why weighted ballot should not be used/
  #7: From: "Kathy Tank" <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>>
  #8: From: kimbergsd@xxxxxxx<mailto:kimbergsd@xxxxxxx>

  Msg: #1 in digest
  From: Lealynn@xxxxxxx<mailto:Lealynn@xxxxxxx>
  Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 12:33:05 EST

  Congratulations to the owners  of these dams for making  the top 20
  futurity/maturity  brood
  bitch list for 2008.  You will be receiving your  official letter in the mail
  later this month.  Permission to  cross  post given if it's ok with Zoe <G>
  1.      Vicis  Heavenly Expectation
  2  CH Winsome's Beariitney  Spears
  3.  CH Trafalgars Pacific Chai
  4.  CH Kaleefs Genuine Risk
  5.  CH Kismet's Pretty Lies N Alibis
  6.      Bihari's  Ember
  6.  CH Me First Me First of Edan
  6.      Tazzmans  Demilo of Merivern
  9.      Karizma's  Anisette
  10. CH Kridlers Tanzanite v  Signature
  10. CH Melanas  Pandemonium
  12. CH Geor-Jan Lorien's Ice  Castles
  12.      Langenaus  Leyla of Stoneway
  12. CH Mariners Aria  D'Arte
  15. CH Caralon Olympus Fire Qed
  15.      Eko-lans Sasha  Merivern
  17.      I've Got It All  of Edan
  17. CH Schneiderhofs Highland  Lace
  19. CH Biharis  Ciara
  19.      Caralonqed  Haley's Comet
  19.      EJM 'N Eko-lan's  Celine
  19. CH Kaleef's  Havoc
  19.      Rising Suns  Curry

  Liz
  _www.lealynn.com_ (http://www.lealynn.com/<http://www.lealynn.com/>)
  GSDCA member since  1976
  Signers of the Breeders Code

more!(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212774565x1200812037/aol?redir=htt<http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212774565x1200812037/aol?redir=htt>

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #2 in digest
  From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx<mailto:Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 12:41:02 EST

  Please go to the url for the full story.  And I will repeat this egregious
  statement:
  "If a litter is born without this permit, animal control would take the
  puppies or kittens along with the mother.'

  Groups oppose pet ordinance requiring sterilization at 3 months

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2008/nov/12/groups-oppose-pet-ordinance-requiring-sterilizatio/<http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2008/nov/12/groups-oppose-pet-ordinance-requiring-sterilizatio/>

  Clark County animal control proponents want a law requiring pet owners to
  spay or neuter their cats and dogs and fines for those who fail to do so.
  Following on the heels of a law to sterilize feral cats, the County
  Commission soon will be asked to pass a law that would prohibit residents of
  unincorporated Clark County from owning a dog or cat that hasn't been
sterilized unless
  the owner has a pet fancier permit or has a medical exemption from a
  veterinarian. If a litter is born without this permit, animal control would
take the
  puppies or kittens along with the mother.
  The ordinance also would require spaying or neutering as young as 3 months
  old.

  The Silver State Kennel Club, a member of the American Kennel Club, is
  circulating a petition to stop the proposal because the animals could be at
risk for
  a variety of health problems when sterilized that young.

  **************
  Get the Moviefone Toolbar. Showtimes, theaters, movie news &amp;

more!(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212774565x1200812037/aol?redir=htt<http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212774565x1200812037/aol?redir=htt>

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #3 in digest
  From: Lealynn@xxxxxxx<mailto:Lealynn@xxxxxxx>
  Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 12:43:01 EST

  In years past, there was a questionaire filled out by the owners of the top
  20 stud dogs & brood bitches.  I realize the answers given many times  were
  vague or misleading but sometimes of enormous value.
  What would you think of starting with something like that again?  I  was
  thinking of starting next year with 5 yes or no questions.  Does  your
dog/bitch
  carry or has it produced:
  1. blacks
  2. coats
  3. Megas
  4. EPIs
  5. torsion ( either stomach, spleenic or messentary)

  Any other questions?  Must be able to have simple yes or no  answers.

  Would like some feedback on this.

  Liz
  _www.lealynn.com_ (http://www.lealynn.com/<http://www.lealynn.com/>)
  GSDCA member since  1976
  Signers of the Breeders Code

more!(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212774565x1200812037/aol?redir=htt<http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212774565x1200812037/aol?redir=htt>

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #4 in digest
  Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 09:58:08 -0800 (PST)
  From: Deb Sullivan
<victorysbullseye@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:victorysbullseye@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>

  I would love to these questions asked.
  Deb

  Deb and her Boys
  Victory's Bullseye,TT.,CGC.,CD,ASCACD.
  Victory's Dubh Mac Tire, CGC(Wolf) 01/23/05-03/28/2007,lost to PAA/EPI
  Montauk Sue's Red Codiak

  ________________________________
[...]

is Copyrighted 2008. All material remains the property of the original author
Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

  For assistance, please contact the List Management at
admin@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>.

  VISIT OUR WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org<http://showgsd.org/>
  NATIONAL BLOG -
http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/<http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/>

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #5 in digest
  From: "" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
  Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 12:00:27 -0600

  Don't we already do something similar to that when we fill out the futurity
  litter nomination form..what is that info for? C

  hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Steve and Christine Grainger
  WWW.HICKORYHILLGSD.COM<http://www.hickoryhillgsd.com/>

more!(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212774565x1200812037/aol?redi<http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212774565x1200812037/aol?redi>
  r=htt
  > p://toolbar.aol.com/moviefone/download.html?ncid=emlcntusdown00000001)

> POST is Copyrighted 2008.  All material remains the property of the

  > For assistance, please contact the List Management at
admin@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>.

  > VISIT OUR WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org<http://showgsd.org/>
  > NATIONAL BLOG -
http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/<http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/>

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #6 in digest
  From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx<mailto:Stormy435@xxxxxxx>
  Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 13:02:18 EST

  Okay,  I guess I could look this up, but I am always confused about our
  relationship to the WDA.  It is the GSDCA-WDA, right?  Do they have to join
the
  GSDCA proper to belong to the WDA?  If they are "part" of the GSDCA, what is
  the oversight involved?  I'm just a'asking.

  Stormy

MASSTANA@xxxxxxx<mailto:MASSTANA@xxxxxxx>

  > Cc: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  > Date: Wednesday, November 12, 2008, 11:57 AM
  >
  > Can we vote in WDA elections? Just Asking....................

  "You may never know what results come from your action.
  But if you do nothing, there will be no result."
  Mahatma Gandhi
  Stormy Hope
  *~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*
  www.FairhopeGSD.com<http://www.fairhopegsd.com/>

  **************
  Get the Moviefone Toolbar. Showtimes, theaters, movie news &amp;

more!(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212774565x1200812037/aol?redir=htt<http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1212774565x1200812037/aol?redir=htt>

  ------------------------------

  Msg: #7 in digest
  Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 10:03:54 -0800
  From: "Kathy Tank" <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>>

  Don't forget missing teeth and monorchid/cryptorchids.
  Kathy
  http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com<http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com/>
  Updated: Oct 20, 2008 ~ HOME OF::
  CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs
  CH. Victory's Leviathan
  CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne Isle
  WE SUPPORT DRUG AND DYE TESTING

  On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 9:58 AM, Deb Sullivan <
  victorysbullseye@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:victorysbullseye@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

  > I would love to these questions asked.
  > Deb
  >
  > Deb and her Boys
  > Victory's Bullseye,TT.,CGC.,CD,ASCACD.
  > Victory's Dubh Mac Tire, CGC(Wolf) 01/23/05-03/28/2007,lost to PAA/EPI
  > Montauk Sue's Red Codiak
  >
  >
  >
  >
  >
  > ________________________________

  Msg: #8 in digest
  From: kimbergsd@xxxxxxx<mailto:kimbergsd@xxxxxxx>
  Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 18:03:31 +0000

  Great idea!
  Kim
  Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
[...]

POST is Copyrighted 2008.  All material remains the property of the original

  For assistance, please contact the List Management at
admin@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>.

  VISIT OUR WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org<http://showgsd.org/>
  NATIONAL BLOG -
http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/<http://gsdnational.blogspot.com/>

  End of showgsd-l Digest V2 #3128

POST is Copyrighted 2008.  All material remains the property of the original