[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: showgsd-l Digest V2 #252......Futurity Wood

  • From: EllenH33@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 15:11:22 EST

Msg: #5 in digest
From: "Helen" <helen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Futurity Wood (Helen Franklin)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:44:17 -0800

I gave away all my trophy's (big and small) to clubs, but I kept my first
Futurity one.  Sometimes it's not the trophy but the meaning behind it.
Helen Franklin
We showed in futurities before they gave wood.  At a Massachusetts club
holding the futurity, it was pewter.  We all handled our own dogs.  First time
I've
seen solid blacks go 1, 2, 3.  Maureen Yentzen was 1st, I was 2nd and hubby
was 3rd with a whole bunch of blk/tans behind us.  Ginny Vaughn had it right
and placed the pups, not the handlers.  I'd have preferred owning the pup
Maureen had.  I gave my little pewter engraved bowl to my friend, Penny, after
keeping it here for 25 years.  I hope she still has it because she tends to
throw
everything away.  The year was 1961, I believe.  (Penny, if you still have the
bowl, tell me.  :-)

***From w.NY***
http://www.geocities.com/jeenellyn33
Age is just a Number