  • From: culzeans1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 11:54:11 -0400

Well, I don't do much winning, and I do think there?is some poor judging out
there, in all the breeds, but the question was would clustering help the
smaller clubs and exhibitors. I personally think it would. I know it would help
me, I could plan for a group of shows on one weekend and that is easier and
more cost effective for me. I know the Monroe shows were a little different,
but it afforded me a good look at my girl Saydee. 6 shows in one weekend, 2
were specialties and 4 all breed.??I now have a clearer picture of what I
should or should not do with her and it didn't take me months to find out.? And
it gave my handler for Saydee a good look at what she can and can't do. Where
she should or should not be entered or even if we want to keep on showing her.
I considered the whole 4 days a success. As a newbie, you work hard at not
being kennel blind and I think clusters afford me that opportunity. I just like
the idea of clusters, and if you don't like one or more of the ju
 dges don't enter, just like you would or wouldn't do?for a 2 day show.? I like
the opinion of more judges in one place on one weekend.
Pam

Msg: #5 in digest
From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Guys Stop With the Bashing
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 19:27:20 -0700

I love the way Gail Sprock worded it.     We see it as  "the cream will rise to
the top".......<G>
This started as a question about Clubs doubling up their shows for one weekend
and I still
believe it will benefit the Clubs and the Exibitors for time and money.....and
the handlers as
it frees up more weekends for them.....possibly more shows elsewhere if they
choose.
Though this conversation took a 'bend'  to the quality of judging it also is a
good point.  Instead
of driving TWO times to show under one judge each time on two different
weekends......you
actually might  have three more to choose from.   If not...don't enter under
those....or don't go.

BUT...........It STILL would have been the same slate of judges for those
shows!!!
NOTHING CHANGES THAT!!       It's a moot point!
The 4 show weekend does not change the judging slate the Clubs vote for!!

We all have a list of judges we will not show to again for a variety of
reasons.
We all know
judges we will drive a distance to exhibit under with the dog we are
showing....and there are
some we have never seen judge.
Hopefully a Club puts a good slate of judges together no how matter how many
shows are offered!!
If the membership is voting without due consideration for their Club's success
but their own bias no
one has control over that.   The four shows in one weekend  don't CAUSE
that..... anymore than
they cause one dog to win every day........or a different dog to win every day.

Those are judge
decisions no matter how many shows Clubs puts on that weekend.    Again....a
moot point.

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com