  • From: Kathy Sawler <kgsawler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 19:23:58 +0000

Congrats as well!!  I'd also like to say congratulations to 3x Select Excellent
Bill-Mar's Here Comes Trouble, ROM long-time owner/breeder Mary Ellen Loizides
for Trouble's wonderful career.  Unfortunately she was unable to see her boy at
the Canadian Nationals due to a death in the family.  I know she would have
given anything to have been able to be there.

Kathy Sawler> Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 22:08:54 -0400> From:
Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: showgsd-l Digest
V2 #2335> > showgsd-l Digest Wed, 17 Sep 2008 Volume: 02 Issue: 2335> > In This
Issue:> #1: From: Debbie Smith <debcvt@xxxxxxxxx>> Subject: Re: CERF> #2: From:
Gsdstyle@xxxxxxx> Subject: Canada Brags!> #3: From: DOGSRLUV@xxxxxxx> Subject:
Re: De-Barking> #4: From: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx> Subject: Re: De-Barking> #5: From:
jmorehead <jmorehead@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Subject: On Fox TV Now> #6: From:
ELG440@xxxxxxx> Subject: You asked> #7: From: "Maureen" <murk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: Re: showgsd-l Digest V2 #2332> #8: From: ELG440@xxxxxxx> Subject:
sable to sable> #9: From: Zane Brooks <zanebgsd@xxxxxxxxx>> Subject: [
SHOWGSD-L (no subject)> #10: From: Zane Brooks <zanebgsd@xxxxxxxxx>> Subject:
sable to sable> >
----------------------------------------------------------------------> > Msg:
#1 in digest> Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 17:24:05 -0700 (PDT)> From:
  Debbie Smith <debcvt@xxxxxxxxx>> Subject: Re: CERF> > I work forÂu boarded
ophthalmologist. And Janice is absolutelyÂvorrect. A scratched cornea would not
preventòiassing cerf. Cerf is only looking for hereditary eye problems. And
unfortunately they can pass cerf younger-already have litters on the ground-
prior to some diseases showing up.> êWebbie > > > ----- Original Message ---->
From: Janice Buchanan <wasatchgsd@xxxxxxxxx>> To: caretti1@xxxxxxxxxxx> Cc:
showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 4:55:52 PM>
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: CERF> > Cyndi, That's only partly true ....> Cerf's
are done yearly because congenital (hereditary) problems can appear> at any
time in life.?For example, Pannus often doesn't show any indication> until a
dog is several years old.?However, a scratch from an injury> doesn't stop a dog
from gaining a Cerf.?I have a dog who passed a Cerf even> though the vet found
severe internal scarring and told me he was nearly> blind.?He
  said he often finds that kind of damage in dogs who had bad cases> of Parvo
or Coronavirus as young puppies.?I bought the dog at 17 months, so> I don't
know if that was what happened.?However, the vet put all the> information on
the Cerf form and told me that since there was nothing> inheritable there would
be no problem passing.?He was right - my dog did> pass in spite of the damage.>
> BTW - the breeder who sold me the dog may not have known he was nearly>
blind;?the damage was not obvious until the vet looked at the dialated eyes>
with a scope in a darkened room.> > Janice Buchanan, UT> > On Mon, Sep 15, 2008
at 1:27 PM, <caretti1@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:> > > Correct me if I'm wrong, but
doesn't CERF have to be done yearly to be> > considered "valid"??.....I had an
eye vet tell me that a dog could have> > normal eyes as far as heriditary
problems, but if there was a "scratch" on> > the eye he wouldn't pass CERF.?The
scratch could come from anything...ie a> > hunting dog runs
  through a field of brush, scratches his eye, and no longer> > will pass.....>
> Cyndi> > www.carettigsd.com> >> >> > >
is Copyrighted 2007.?All material remains the property of the original author
permitted without prior permission of the original author?AND of the Showgsd-l
Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. > > ALL PERSONS ARE ON NOTICE THAT THE
FORWARDING, REPRODUCTION OR USE IN ANY MANNER OF ANY MATERIAL WHICH APPEARS ON
SHOWGSD-L WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION OF ALL PARTIES TO THE POST AND THE
LIST MANAGEMENT IS EXPRESSLY FORBIDDEN, AND IS A VIOLATION OF LAW. VIOLATORS OF
THIS PROHIBITION WILL BE PROSECUTED. > > For assistance, please contact the
List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> > VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org>
===========================================================================> >
> > > ----------
 --------------------> > Msg: #2 in digest> From: Gsdstyle@xxxxxxx> Date: Wed,
17 Sep 2008 20:45:02 EDT> Subject: Canada Brags!> > Thank you Judge Dan Smith
for awarding our Veteran Dog 3x Am Sel CH > Bill-Mar's Here Comes Trouble ROM
1st Place in the Veteran's Class at the Canadian > National. It is so hard to
believe that Trouble is now 7 years old. He looked > so awesome at the show
with Abbey Hathaway handling him in the classes to the > win and in Specials,
where he made all but the final cut. Thank you Abbey for > the great job - as
usual! > > The crowd support for our boy was so incredible. Thank you everyone!
Trouble > truly didn't miss a step gaiting around the ring with his powerfully
> balanced and outreaching gait. We think age has served him well, and we are
so proud > to have a Veteran dog that represents the breed so well for
longevity, breed > structure, excellent health, natural color, and strong
character, both in > him and his ancestry.> > We also want to c
 ongratulate our friends Ron Peet, Jenn Somogyi, and Sera > Peet. Kiefernfels
If Life Were Like That, co-owned by Donna Calabrese, looked > so beautiful at
the Canadian National winning the 12-18 class and then > Winners Bitch guided
by Georgie, and was still perfection under the hand of Linda > Bankhead in
Specials where she earned a Select. Linda showed Trouble last year > at the
American National where he looked just awesome and earned his third > Select.
Linda but she did such a wonderful job with our boy, he looked > spectacular
when she presented him to Ed Barritt. Look for a picture of Trouble and > Linda
in the Review - coming soon!> > Pat> Sel CH Gus ROM; 3x Sel CH Trouble ROM; CH
Maddy; CH Tia; CH Ben; CH Tarzan; > BOF Piper _www.gsdstyle.com_
(http://www.gsdstyle.com/) and check out photos > at _www.snowheronstudios.com_
(http://www.snowheronstudios.com/) > > > > **************Psssst...Have you
heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, > plus the latest fall tren
 ds and hair styles at StyleList.com. >
(http://www.stylelist.com/trends?ncid=aolsty00050000000014)> > > >
------------------------------> > Msg: #3 in digest> From: DOGSRLUV@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 20:56:10 EDT> Subject: Re: De-Barking> > In a message
dated 9/17/2008 5:08:58 PM Pacific Daylight Time, > skozub@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:>
I could never debark a dog. I realize that it is usually quite safe, > however,
a friend> had the number 2 Norwegian Elkhound in the country - she took him in
to be > debarked> & he died a few hours later (bled to death).> > I just could
not take that (slight) chance.> > > > > I have also heard that if they get hung
up or injured sometimes they are > unable to let you know. I have often thought
of debarking but have never taken > that step. However, I understand why people
do so mixed emotions on this, it > is defiantly a personal choice. > > Deb> > >
------------------------------> > Msg: #4 in digest> From: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 21:15:27 EDT> Subject: Re: De-Barking> > This is
true...they bark and can scream, but it is not audible if you are > far away
from the dog. They can also get hung up and injured when you are not > home...
I have never had an emergency with my debarked dogs, but I was turned > into AC
over barking when developments moved right next door to me. There > was
absolutely no recourse, it was debark, or lose my dogs. I debarked, and then >
I moved. Took 18 months to sell, and find a new home. The stress level was >
unbelievable until I had 4 dogs debarked. They were the dreaded kennel dogs, >
no place to keep them except in a kennel. There were 5 house dogs. I lost my >
husband, found out I had cancer, and then lost my mom, all within 6 months. As
> I said, my stress l
 evel was off the charts. The debarking was a tremendous > relief, the dogs did
not miss a beat, it appeared to be totally harmless. One > of my housedogs was
debarked by her previous owner, who subsequently died, > (the owner, not the
dog) (I was the breeder), and when I got her back, she was > 4 years old. She
is almost 10 now, she is extremely healthy, and barks up a > storm, but I can
stand it, as she just has a whisper. Has not harmed her a > bit, and has not
harmed the others. I sold some who were debarked, and the new > owners are
delighted, as they can hear them, (as I can), but neighbors cannot. > Each
person to his own decision making concerning dogs, (and everything > else,
LOL), but I am here to tell you that for me it has been a blessing, and a > big
relief to the dogs..they are not in any trouble now, even if they bark. > They
seem totally unaware of their lack of a normal bark. I will say I had one >
bitch that seemed to have trouble breathing, she was redone,
 and the problem > disappeared. Shalom, Syd> > > In a message dated 9/17/2008
5:58:43 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, > DOGSRLUV@xxxxxxx writes:> > I have also
defiantly a personal choice. > > Deb> > > > > > > **************Psssst...Have
------------------------------> > Msg: #5 in digest> Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008
20:19:41 -0500> From: jmorehead <jmorehead@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Subject: On Fox TV
Now> > On Fox TV tonight> TV Series "Bones" with Cesar Millan (Dog Whisperer)
helping FBI in dog > fighting and murder case.> Many large breeds
involved..............including GSDs.> Unfortun
 ately, I missed all but the end.> Maybe, it's on now in some other time
zones.> Joan Morehead> Shreveport, LA> > > > > ------------------------------>
> Msg: #6 in digest> From: ELG440@xxxxxxx> Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 21:50:18 EDT>
Subject: You asked> > Who knows? I was watching the swim suit competition. I am
into styles.> > Evan > Asgard German Shepherds > http://www.asgardgsd.com/>
Where Type Movement and Temperament come together > > > In a message dated
9/16/2008 7:41:08 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, Kmgraphic2 > writes:> > > Didn't
you just love what Ms. Sri Lanka said this year?> > > > > > ok, evan - now i'm
curious. what did ms. sri lanka say?> > > > **************Psssst...Have you
heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, > plus the latest fall trends and
hair styles at StyleList.com. >
(http://www.stylelist.com/trends?ncid=aolsty00050000000014)> > > >
------------------------------> > Msg: #7 in digest> From: "Maureen"
<murk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Subject: Re: showgsd-l D
 igest V2 #2332> Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 20:54:14 -0500> > > Hey Y'all,> I got
me a super soaker.........one that shoots a gazillion feet! I tell > them to
HUSH once.........and I cock that baby. IF they bark again.........I > go out
shooting, MAKE MY DAY! If yours don't mind the water, add a little > lemon
juice or apple cider vinegar. Mo> > Maybe Ginger, but I would certainly try
training first. This is one dog > > not a group like what you deal with.
Training is less invasive than any > > surgery. I think the dog is a living
being and to assume they don't know > > the difference is kind of mean and
doesn't give them the credit they > > deserve. I am not saying one way or the
other what to do, but I too have > > known many shelties and collies debarked
and by the look on their face and > > the sound they make, it does bother them.
And I know shelties and collies > > that it never bothered. And I have known
sheltie breeders who train their > > dogs from the get go and > > > -
 -----------------------------> > Msg: #8 in digest> From: ELG440@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 21:54:34 EDT> Subject: sable to sable> > Of course I
didn't write that. If both sable parents carries the black and > tan gene, it
is possible to get all black and tans, who then do not carry the > sable gene.
It isn't likely, but it could happen.> > That's my story and I am sticking to
it.> > Evan > Asgard German Shepherds > http://www.asgardgsd.com/> Where Type
Movement and Temperament come together > > > In a message dated 9/17/2008
4:34:16 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, > Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx writes:> > In a
message dated 9/16/2008 9:14:37 P.M. Central Daylight Time, > ELG440@xxxxxxx
writes:> If you breed sable to sable you will get all sables. > > > > >
**************Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, >
plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com. >
(http://www.stylelist.com/trends?ncid=aolsty00050000000014)> > > >
------------------
 ------------> > Msg: #9 in digest> Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 19:07:41 -0700
(PDT)> From: Zane Brooks <zanebgsd@xxxxxxxxx>> Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L (no
subject)> > The Moores of Jalamor Shepherds bred two sables. In that litter
there was sables and black and tans.> > ?> Very few or little is needed to make
a happy life.?> Zane Brooks Best Junior Handler GSDCA nationals, ST. Louis
Msg: #10 in digest> Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 19:08:00 -0700 (PDT)> From: Zane
Brooks <zanebgsd@xxxxxxxxx>> Subject: sable to sable> > The Moores of Jalamor
Shepherds bred two sables. In that litter there was sables and black and tans.>
> ?> Very few or little is needed to make a happy life.?> Zane Brooks Best
Junior Handler GSDCA nationals, ST. Louis 2006> And now the newest PRO....> > >
> > ------------------------------> > End of showgsd-l Digest V2 #2335>
See how Windows Mobile brings your life together¡Xat home, work, or on the go.