  • From: fboese@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 09:59:35 -0400

Hi Diane, Light leather golf gloves OR riding gloves?work really well.? The
line slides freely and your hands don't take a beating.?? Flo Boese
????????????? Bo-Hem Shepherds

I need some rope that will not peel the skin off my palms if it slips
rapidly thru my grasp.

I don't have any fancy-schmancy outdoor outfitter stores within 50 miles...
so I can't look for mountain climbing rope or similar.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Diane Wright
(with healing blisters)

    #1: From: "Cyndy" <cyndy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: Re: OT WHAT is a water spout if it is not a tornado
    #2: From: "Cyndy" <cyndy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: Re: STRANGE QUESTIONS PUPPY BUYERS ASK
    #3: From: "Cyndy" <cyndy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: Re: Rope??
    #4: From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: new Herding Club in North Carolina
    #5: From: Barb Ross <luvpuppy2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: Our LATE New Champion Barg!
    #6: From: Barb Ross <luvpuppy2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: Our Late Brag
    #7: From: "BlackHawk Farms LLC" <blackhawkfarmsllc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: Re: Our Late Brag
    #8: From:  <ricknaudra@xxxxxxx>
        Subject: Was STRANGE QUESTIONS PUPPY BUYERS ASK now morphing...
    #9: From: "Cyndi Flautt" <caretti1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
        Subject: FW: s/n conference

Msg: #1 in digest
From: "Cyndy" <cyndy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 20:57:24 -0500

A water spout is a tornado over the water. :)

From: "Cyndy" <cyndy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 21:04:13 -0500

What????  There is no perfect owner, but we all do what we think is right,
and I hope the best that we can for our dogs. You would hope so anyway.

To make such blanket statements regarding all of us is indicative of the
very novice. It's like saying that ALL long coats have good temperaments or
that ALL Texans own horses!

I encourage you to get to know more of us on a one on one basis and you'll
see how false your statement below is!
Cyndy

From: "Cyndy" <cyndy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 21:04:45 -0500

Wrap it in vet wrap or order some online from REI.com

I need some rope that will not peel the skin off my palms if it slips
rapidly thru my grasp.

I don't have any fancy-schmancy outdoor outfitter stores within 50 miles...
so I can't look for mountain climbing rope or similar.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Diane Wright
(with healing blisters)

------------------------------

Msg: #4 in digest
From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 22:13:10 -0400

news shared by Peggy (with permission)

 Calling All Herders!

 For those of you on the East Coast I have good news! There is a new web
site
 up and running for the new Herding Club in Rutherfordton, NC,  the Western
 North Carolina Herding Association (WNCHA)

http://www.wncha.org   t
here are lots of activities planned for fall, with
fall herding camps and fun days.

 If anyone has information about herding activities ongoing in the other
 parts of the country, and would like to share or post directly on our
 herding list, please contact Dr. Jann S. Lane at
mackenziesteel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

There is going to be a facility in southern California hosting herding
trials this fall.
Let Jann know if you are attending herding instinct testings or training in
your part of the country!

Jann has Kerry Blue Terriers, which are allowed to participate in AKC
herding trials...so don't be
shy about making contact if you have a dog that's eligible for herding
trials...

------------------------------

Msg: #5 in digest
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 19:17:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: Barb Ross <luvpuppy2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Aug 2nd, a GREAT day, At the Richmond DFA Inc show.  "Rohan's Ever After"  ,
aka
DREW, finished her Championship under Dr. Carol White Moser, thank you so much.

Drew was handled from start to finish by our daughter  "Jamie" Hugs to you
Jamie. Drew is a dark sable , bred by Bobbie Kindy and Tracy Radigan.  And
owned
and Loved by Barb Ross, Isabelle Dupzyk, Lois Gregor and Bobbie Kindy.  Thanks
to all for the wonderful ringside support and  lovely comments on Drew.  Barb
Ross, Talimar Shepherds.  Soon to have my New Web Site up.

------------------------------

Msg: #6 in digest
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 19:21:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: Barb Ross <luvpuppy2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I forgot the most important part of Drew's win, it was a 3 pt. major.  We are
still doing the happy dance.  Barb.

------------------------------

Msg: #7 in digest
From: "BlackHawk Farms LLC" <blackhawkfarmsllc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 19:32:44 -0700

And barbara, for all of us who dont know... <g> who is Drew's mom and dad??

Mike

>I forgot the most important part of Drew's win, it was a 3 pt. major.  We
>are still doing the happy dance.  Barb.

> BE PROSECUTED.

> VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org

------------------------------

Msg: #8 in digest
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 19:40:38 -0700
From:  <ricknaudra@xxxxxxx>

That's an interesting assessment but its not what was happening here.

Mom never ran a big kennel operation, it was a mom and pop 1 litter a year
thing
and if she didn't like something about you, forget it. Being rich or poor was
not a deciding factor. There were plenty of other people that left our home
without a dog. Each person was interviewed and then essentially judged.

Another thing, it was and should never be about the money.

Rick

------------------------------

Msg: #5 in digest
From: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 14:09:22 EDT

Again...interesting. According to many on this list, selling a pup (for a
lot of money) to a wealthy family (who travels) is terrible, but selling a
puppy

 to a "regular" pe
rson (who travels), is OK, (and means the seller does  not
care about the dog), and feels the dog will only be a possession.
Syd

In a message dated 8/7/2008 6:46:43 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
ricknaudra@xxxxxxx writes:

Exactly.
My mom didn't want one of her dogs to be treated as an  object or just a
possession. It was important to her that they were treated as  a pets.

Rick

------------------------------

Msg: #9 in digest
From: "Cyndi Flautt" <caretti1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 22:33:09 -0500

SPAN is a collaboration of animal welfare groups in the state whose goal is
to decrease unwanted/euthanized animals by providing spay & neuter
services.....Brandon Kennel Club (among many other organizations) has
provided a grant to help with spay/neuter in our county.  MS Span is not for
mandatory spay and neuter, but some of the attendees of the conference
were...only one speaker actually mentioned it, and believe it or not, he is
a vet at MS. State Vet School, who has received grants from HSUS, AND the
AKC.....There was a gal from HSUS there who spoke about marketing s/n in
Miss....and it was quite obvious that they are spending a good deal of money
in the state.(everywhere else, too).  A guy from the ASPCA spoke, and said
one thing I found very interesting.......He said that there are
groups/organizations who work to change people's opinions...and that they
are working toward changing opinions about spay/neuter...breeding,
etc......He gave the example of how opinions about smoking have changed over
the last 15-20 years........That got me thinking about the recent posts
regarding the decrease in AKC registrations/litters.....And that these big
organizations are working very hard to change public opinion about purebred
dogs and their breeders.....ie: the politically correct thing to do is to
get a dog from a shelter...........So on that note...besides having fun with
our dogs, breeding, showing, competing, etc...we all should be promoting our
breed, and responsib
le dog ownership to those in our local communities.
Otherwise public opinion will eventually change, and we will be perceived as
the bad guys, rather than responsible people who love our dogs.

Thanks for listening,

Cyndi

www.carettigsd.com <http://www.carettigsd.com/>

End of showgsd-l Digest V2 #1947