[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: showgsd-l Digest V2 #1745 HOAX LETTER

  • From: "Anja Heibloem-Stroud" <Anja_Heibloem-Stroud@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsdlistnew" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 21:33:36 -0700

Re the hoax letter!   I wonder if Mr Tiger is the same Mr Tiger Williams who
sent me the same letter, just a different price and puppy!    After awhile you
can just tell by the tone of the letter!   Anja
#1: From: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: training to whelp a litter
#2: From: "Carol Weale" <dankagsd01@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: training to whelp
#3: From: MAJTEACH@xxxxxxx
#4: From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
#5: From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: whelping and puppy intensive care seminar, Phoenix, AZ a
#6: From: Tiffany Bartley <gsdjoelle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: hoax or not
#7: From: "Cyndy" <cyndy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: hoax or not

Msg: #1 in digest
From: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 23:14:11 EDT

You forgot (# 11)....the part about eating a whole box of Ex-Lax when she
starts labor.  Syd

In a message dated 7/3/2005 8:04:22 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
ELG440@xxxxxxx writes:
In a  message dated 7/3/2005 10:47:45 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
texasgsds@xxxxxxxxx writes:
How did  you gain knowledge and  experience in whelping a litter before you
bred and  whelped your  first litter?

The best training would be done in  ten easy  steps.

1.   Stand at the top of a tall seven story building  on a ledge,  and then
drop at least five floors, and try to land on  that ledge as you go  by.
This
will help you understand the  emotions you will have when the  first puppy
comes
into the  world.

2.   Stay awake four night in a row, and try to sit in  as  uncomfortable a
position as you can. Be sure you don't have a  blanket or  pillow.  You must
sit
on the floor for this  time.

3.  Find a way to let your bitch lie down next to you, and  set the  outside
area on fire, so that you can panic every time she  tries to go  out.

4.  Turn off all your electricity on the  coldest day of the year, and  stuff
up the chimney on the fireplace  so the house fills with smoke.  (You  can
get
the same effect by  turning off the electricity on the hottest day, and  have
all the ice  in your refrigerator melt when you need it).

5.  Wait until you  need a medication at the last minute, but take the
battery out of  your car, so you can't go anywhere to get it.  Insulin works
well
for this situation, but only if you are diabetic.

6.    Take a piece of egg plant, and try to tie a knot around it  with
string,
after you slather it with butter.  You can only use one hand,   as you have
keep your bitch away from the egg  plant.

7.   Find the most disgusting bloody thing you can  think of, and  then learn
to move it from hand to hand, while you eat  a baloney sandwich.   Cow
intestines seem to work well for this  experiment.

8.   Buy as many movies as you can where you can  hear screaming,  and record
the screams, then play them over and  over. When you no longer notice  them,
you are ready to whelp a  litter.

9.   Drive ten miles from home, and then try to get  back in less  than 20
seconds.  It is best if you have a small  car, and it is icy, but  there are
alternative such as a rocky windy  road, or one with lots of older  drivers
in front
of  you.

10.   Take an important month of your life, and give it  up. Don't  call
anyone, don't answer the phone, refuse any  deliveries, and make sure you
don't
watch television, go on line, or  listen to books on tape.

You are now ready to whelp a  litter.

NOT THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH  THAT.

SYD MAILBERG  (MS)
23910 SE 276TH ST
MAPLE VALLEY, WA. 98038
_WWW.KINGSWOODGERMANSHEPHERDS.HOMESTEAD.COM_
(http://www.kingswoodgermanshepherds.homestead.com/)
COMMISSION  ARTWORK

------------------------------

Msg: #2 in digest
From: "Carol Weale" <dankagsd01@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 20:19:44 -0700

Evan,
You forgot one very important thing.  After you have stayed up four days and
four nights without blanket or pillow and you can't keep your eyes open
another minute, that is when the whelping will begin.

Carol W

------------------------------

Msg: #3 in digest
From: MAJTEACH@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 23:23:21 EDT

In a message dated 7/3/2005 8:04:09 PM Pacific Standard Time,  ELG440@aolcom
writes:
You are  now ready to whelp a litter.

11.  When all else fails....scream for Tedi.

Colette

------------------------------

Msg: #4 in digest
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 23:23:18 -0400
From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>

Actually, the very best way would be to be present at at least one
whelping beforehand, altho that's not always possible.
So, get a good book or two, and maybe a video (there are some available
somewhere)...make sure your vet is going to be available and maybe a
good friend who has experience, and hope for the best.
    btw - it doesn't matter what breed you get the experience in---and
after some breeds, Shepherds are comparatively easy.
If you can go to a seminar, do so...........there is a woman named Myra
Savant who gives seminars on whelping and caring for neonate
puppies.............she's giving one at the end of August in
Phoenix..........(information available on request, and I'll also post
the info to the list.
Peggy
>In a message dated 7/3/2005 10:47:45 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
>texasgsds@xxxxxxxxx writes:
>How did  you gain knowledge and experience in whelping a litter before you
>bred and  whelped your first litter?

------------------------------

Msg: #5 in digest
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 23:33:37 -0400
From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>

permission is given to crosspost
shared by Peggy
CANINE REPRODUCTION, WHELPING, AND PUPPY INTENSIVE
CARE -  SATURDAY, AUGUST 27, 2005
Sponsored by the Mid Arizona Shetland Sheepdog Club

PRESENTED BY MYRA SAVANT, R.N.
Myra Savant, RN is a frequent and well received
presenter at specialty national shows and dog clubs
around the country. She is the author of two books,
Puppy Intensive Care, and Canine Reproduction.

Ms. Savant's seminar will help breeders learn to
recognize and assess puppies in distress quickly, when
acting efficiently with the proper equipment can make
the difference in a successful whelping. Learning how
to utilize an incubator, set up a puppy intensive care
nursery, administer heat, sub q fluids, oxygen, and
where to acquire the necessary equipment for prompt
response will be covered. In the afternoon session,
canine reproduction will be examined. Topics covered
will include care and breeding of sire and dam,
increasing the chances of getting your bitch in whelp,
artificial insemination, diet, prenatal care,
c-section births, eclampsia, and many related
subjects. Emphasis on the special concerns of
brachecephalic breeds will be covered.

Breeders consistently respond to Ms. Savant's seminar
with statements like, "I've been breeding dogs for
over 25 years and I've learned something new. A wealth
of practical knowledge."

We plan, at length, for that very special breeding.
This seminar is well worth insuring the best outcome
possible.

Ms. Savant's books and DVD demonstrating techniques
and other equipment will be available for sale at the
seminar.

WHEN: August 27,2005 10:00am to 5:30pm (lunch
break at local restaurants)

WHERE: Mustang Library Auditorium, Scottsdale Arizona
REGISTRATION: $40.00 per person

FOOD: Coffee and snacks provided (Library beverage
concession also available)

DIRECTIONS: Schedule and directions included in
e-mail confirmation

For more information: email Dawn Pecora at MIDAZSSC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
or telephone  602-942-0643

REGISTRATION FOR THIS SEMINAR

MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE: MASSC
MAIL TO: Joyce Gunsalus
MASSC Seminar
5448 W. Shaw Butte Drive
Phoenix AZ 85304

PLEASE let them know how many people will be attending, and provide your breed
and email address, as confirmations will be sent by email unless otherwise
requested.

Hope to see you there,
Dawn Pecora
Mid Arizona Shetland Sheepdog Club

------------------------------

Msg: #6 in digest
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 20:52:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: Tiffany Bartley <gsdjoelle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello,
  Thanks for your mail,i am okay with the selling price of the puppy. I have an
associate in the State,who is owning me a sum of ($4000),and i have contacted
him to issue out the payment to you,it will be in a cashier check,so when you
get the check,deduct the amount of the puppy and also deduct $100 for the
feeding's of the puppy and have the rest of the money send to my shipping
company VIA WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER,so that will use some of the money and
start making arangement of coming for the pick-up,and you don't have to worry
about the shipping of the puppy,my shipping company has asured me that
everything will be okay,i should let you know they will ship the puppy in a
nice way.
If this term condition is aceptable by you.
I will like you to get back to me with your,
Full name:
Home Address:
City:
State:
Country and zipcode:
Telephone number (day or night).
This are the following details i will need from you. My shipping company also
advise me to let you know you are supose to take the puppy for vet check,before
they will be coming for the pick-up. I and my family can't wait to see the
puppy home,i will like to know what the puppy like best,we live in a big
ENVIROMENT,and the puppy will be our family pet,when we are THROUGH with this
TRANSACTION,and the puppy is been shiped to our home in U.k,i will send you
some pics of how we and the puppy are doing.
Here is my phone number  (+447031846517 or +447040124102).
Free to contact me at anytime.
Hope to hear from you soon.
  Best Regard,
    Mr Tiger..

Msg: #7 in digest
From: "Cyndy" <cyndy@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 22:55:29 -0500

HOAX. Do NOT ever transfer money Western Union.

[...]

End of showgsd-l Digest V2 #1745