  • From: XcaliburFarm@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 00:21:02 EDT

Yes, canines can suffer from celiac disease....sensitive GI systems...wheat
or rather the gluten allergies. You are lucky to have gone the route of the
grain elimination from the dog's diet. There are three grains that contain no
glutens and can be utilized for animals with these problems. I am so glad to
hear you worked through the issue and the dog is doing so well....keep up the
good work. I am just surprised the vet didn't suspect this problem's origin.
Did  the vet have anything to say since you have turned things around? Just
curious....Debbie

In a message dated 6/7/2008 9:09:38 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,