  • From: culzeans1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 09:46:41 -0400

See this is great! This is stuff that if you weren't fortunate enough to live
thru, you like hearing about it. The shows today are great to hear news from
and to go to and live thru?and yet I always think I can't know where I am going
if I don't know where I have been and to me that translates into dogs and
people, past, present and future. None of you are much older than me but you
have tons more experience and with that tons more memories and stories. I
started my life with GSD's 12 yrs ago and conformation life?6 yrs ago so it is
a short time in this sport for me. the more memories the better!!
Congratulations on your anniversary Evan and Tedi's new hip and of course the
Lakers!
Pam

Msg: #3 in digest
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 21:12:37 -0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)
From: "Nancy Godwin" <ngxotic@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Memories

I saw Uzi win the Southern Pacific Futurity when he was

a baby.

My first Shepherd was a Ch. Jolly Arno of Edgetowne

daughter out of Bad Girl of Longworth, I lost her to a

uterus infection(bad vet), then I went to Rocky Reach

Kennels and Margeret had litter of two bitch puppies,

one black & tan and one bi, she wouldn't let me have

the black & tan so I took the bi. She was sired by a German dog and out of
an American bred bitch.  She was not a show dog but she was the love of my
life and

produced the 65 Grand Victrix and a Futurity and Maturity winner

and a black that four judges said she was the best

black they had ever seen, but back then it was almost

Impossible to finish a black, so we gave up which we

later regretted it as it would have given my little bi her

Rom. So it goes to show the best specimen in the litter

Is not always the best producer. It is the blood that

Counts. I have had many good dogs through the years

And have seen many great ones. My first show I saw

Ch.Nordraak of Matterhorn go best of breed

One of my great loves was Ch. Wyndean's Navarro

who Evan Ginsberg is responsible for letting him come

to live with us. I could never thank him enough or the

Parks of Wyndean Kennels. He was the perfect dog.

With the memory that the Browns have I think they

should write a book about the history of the dogs

on the west coast. Enough rambling.   Nancy G.