  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: Halwend@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 17:13:16 EST

Well, as much as I tried to stay out of this thread.
I think the word PRIMARILY is the key here.   This list was formed to have a
"home" for those breeders, exhibitors and judges that wanted a site that
PRIMARILY was about showing in conformation within the AKC/CKC and GSDCA and
GSDCC
venues.   Within that venue, many other topics have arisen, health, care,
breeding tips, etc., etc.   I have been on this list since, goodness, ?1997?,
and
have been thankful for the time and effort of our administrators.   I won't go
into the many ways the listers have assisted me (too many to count),or the
wise advice and information that I have gleaned just by reading the posts.

There have been so few listers that have been set to no mail because of their
consistent badgering or refusing to follow the very few list rules.   Of
course, we don't know the warnings; and while we all see infractions of
advertising and overly exuberant bragging, we mostly take those with a grain of
salt,
knowing that if it continued excessively, the admin would step in.   About
German/American...as long as the topics were informative and insightful, there
has
been no list uprising.   It's when it's" our way is better than your way" that
the delete key gets worn out and the admin. step in.

I joined this list because I wanted to know and experience those that had my
interests in AKC/CKC style conformation showing and to learn more about my
chosen breed.   And I have.

JMO, of   course

Stormy Hope
Colorado
In a message dated 12/20/04 2:38:31 PM, Halwend@xxxxxxx writes:

> The idea that only the professional breeders and show people should be on
> this list has validity.  However, you breed the dogs and you show the dogs
> WHAT ULTIMATE PURPOSE?

www.FairhopeGSD.com