  • From: fboese@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 15:01:35 -0400

Thank you , Joan & Tish...I was asked by a few performance? people and really
could not answer them..? There are some listers who do show in other venues?as
well as??conformation...FloB

Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 11:02:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: Joan Fox <campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Ballot Bios..

All judges are asked to write a bio when they sign the agreement to judge if
elected. It's included in the contract.
It's entirely up to them.
I would not know who to vote for even with a bio though.
Joan

    #1: From: Joan Fox <campaignersgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
    #2: From: Nikirie98@xxxxxxx
        Subject: Re: showgsd-l Digest V1 #253
    #3: From: Gsdman2@xxxxxxx
        Subject: Re: Fw: A message from Ken Downing, candidate for GSDCA
    #4: From: TISHW@xxxxxxx
    #5: From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
        Subject:  Think a little thought of me
    #6: From: caggra@xxxxxxx
        Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Futurities and regions
    #7: From: myjoygs@xxxxxxx
        Subject: Re: re membership language

Msg: #1 in digest

From: Nikirie98@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:06:09 EDT

In a message dated 9/19/2007 12:02:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
The ameteur futurity was not put together specifically so that a novice can
win.  It was created so that folks who want to owner/handle their dogs get a
fair shot.

A Fair Shot should be agiven in ANY ring not just the amateur ring.  JMO

Karen

_Nikiree Shepherds_ (http://www.nikireeshepherds.com/)

Proud owners & breeders of:

FV Ch Nikiree's Summer Premiere OFA
(Am Ch pt) Can Ch Nikiree's Midnight Mayhem TC, OFA
(Am Ch pt) NE RBOM Nikiree's League Of Her Own OFA
Nikiree's Instant Star OFA Prelim
NE BOF Nikiree's Charmed and Dangerous

------------------------------

Msg: #3 in digest
From: Gsdman2@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:09:21 EDT

In a message dated 9/19/2007 10:02:34 A.M. Central Standard Time,
caggra@xxxxxxx writes:
I also  have a problem with Tom posting the suggestion far below to, in
regards to  Sharon's "leaving" out Gail's bio and then forwarding Ken's bio to
the
List.?

Jeff,

I made it clear in my post that I was not accusing Sharon of  wrongdoing.  I
posted a simple, and I think important observation about how  this list has
been used by a handful of people as a campaign tool to get certain  people
elected.  Perhaps you read only a clip of what I posted?  If  that is the case,
please go back and find my original post.

Tom Langlitz

------------------------------

Msg: #4 in digest
From: TISHW@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:09:40 EDT

In a message dated 9/19/2007 1:55:11 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
fboese@xxxxxxx writes:
With all  the talk about Bio info or lack thereof, why were NO Bios given for
the  Obedience or performance judges ...I was only familiar with one name on
the  listing and voted accordingly...Was this info not supplied by the judges
in  question????? Inquiring minds would like to know....Flo Boese?? Bo-Hem
Shepherds

Hi Flo,

I should probably wait for Sharon to answer this officially but I think the
answer is that the performance judges are many times not specifically GSD
people  and do not submit their bios.  A good idea for the future might be to
have
 the committee (agility, herding, whatever) write up a short statement about
each  judge (or at least the ones who have not submitted anything).

Tish

------------------------------

Msg: #5 in digest
From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:24:38 EDT

In a message dated 9/19/07 10:34:22 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
f.fasano@xxxxxxx writes:
I am all  for WDA - just regret that what has happened to their club now
seems to be  happening in our club-

I still support the WDA, but did resign over what they were doing to  Ken. I
can't condone that sort of hatred and while I believe they have the right  to
exist, I can't support them at this time.

Evan  (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/

------------------------------

Msg: #6 in digest
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:27:52 -0400
From: caggra@xxxxxxx

I agree that good dogs will get handlers noticed.? However, I will say that
this
Ameteur Futurity gave Denise a setting to show good dogs without the
intimidation factor of having the ring full of 10 pro handlers.? I know this is
not the reason the Amateur Futurity was instituted though.?

And, by the way, Denise showed 2 of our dogs in the Amateur Futurity and did a
fantastic job!? However, she has shown one of those dogs in a major specialty
and done a fantastic job there too!

Jeff Pyle

Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:32:41 -0400
From: myjoygs@xxxxxxx

Can this be reworded so that it doesn't go against the "anti-trust" laws and
was
it that way because it was to be included in the membership application, would
it hold the same if it was in code of ethics???

Does anyone know what other clubs are using?

c. No members shall EVER sell or donate dogs for auctions or raffles,
>or to pet shops, catalog houses, or any other commercial ventures.  No
>member (or member of his household) shall be involved in the wholesale
>distribution** of dogs.

author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS

Tish I forwarded this to Nancy Guttenberg please note her response below-Kris

Number "c" is violates Federal Anti-Trust.

I would not include this language.  Already discussed it with Larry.

c. No members shall EVER sell or donate dogs for auctions or raffles,
>or to pet shops, catalog houses, or any other commercial ventures.  No
>member (or member of his household) shall be involved in the wholesale
>distribution** of dogs.

MANNER

ALL

http://mail.aol.com