  • From: Barbash@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 15:56:23 EDT

Re: ballots.  We got ours in a late mail delivery yesterday.   Thanks to all
who responded.

Now having seen them I have to urge fellow listers to vote down the  proposed
Code of Ethics.  Leaving alone Sections c. and d., which are vague  and
subjective, it is the first part that I strongly oppose.  Members are  required
only to be "familiar with the GSD standard as approved by the GSDCA and  the
American Kennel Club."  Once they are "familiar" with it, I suppose  they are
then
free to ignore it,  or portions of it such as the description  of desired
temperament or the degree of fault to be given to any fault of  movement,
coming,
going or from the side.  Or perhaps they can use some  other standard to
define the ideal proportion of height to length, such as,  perhaps, the German
standard?  Accidental?  I don't think so.

Steve Barbash