  • From: "Kay Reamensnyder" <bedkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tykegsd@xxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 23:29:08 -0800

I doubt that you could count on ALL Shepherd people switching registries.
Remember, the Australian Shepherd breed has two registries.....
You would probably have a certain percentage that would prefer to stay with
AKC.....
the largest percentage would participate in both registries....and a smaller
percentage
would only show in the other registry (UKC, for example).
So, in essence, it probably wouldn't make much difference to AKC.
BTW, there is nothing to stop any GSD person from registering and showing
only
UKC now.

Kay