[ SHOWGSD-L ] show question

  • From: "Anna Myers" <snowyrivergsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 08:34:57 -0600

I have a question to throw out. If a Futurity is on a Saturday and two
specialities on a Sunday  would there be a drop in entries on the second
Sunday show because people would rather get on the road back home? Or would
there be a willingness to stay thru Monday? I know it also depends on the
judge selected.
I haven't made application for our specialities yet ( though very soon) our
club is thinking it be better to have one speciality with the futurity and
the second in the fall with our normal date that is clustered with an
allbreed.  ( making it a 3 show weekend instead of 4 like normal) . In 2010
and there after we will go back to the two shows in fall of 2010 after this
Futurity in 2009.
Has there been any clubs that has done 2 shows on a Sunday and what was the
result?
Thanks
Anna Myers
snowyrivergsd shepherds