[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: shortening the national

  • From: Lealynn@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 09:03:32 EST

In a message dated 12/28/2005 8:20:18 PM Pacific Standard Time,
CORGIPERSON@xxxxxxx writes:
Having experienced both I would most definitely support going back to the old
three day format.  Yes, there are times when your handler is in the other
ring.  You stand at the back of the line and wait to be judged.  You might
have
to take a lap around the ring once or twice, but somehow handlers always got
there in time to show their dogs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
There were many times the handlers did NOT make it back in time for the
individual.  Remember also...first impressions of the judge about your dog
sometimes carry a lot of weight and this is too important/expensive of a show
chance that.

Having experienced 3,4 & 5 day Nationals, I think going back to 4 days is the
easiest at this time.  I'm not young like I used to be when we had those long
days of the 3 day National <G>.  We also don't need 5 day Nationals with lots
of empty ring time.  I think last year's National was a step in the right
direction with classes one right after the other.  Get rid of the conditional
class and I think enough time can be saved that we could fit the
Futurity/Maturity back into the Wed. morning time slot.  This eliminates one
more day of our
dogs sitting in crates.  JMO.

Liz
We have Dallas puppies~!