[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: shipping

  • From: "Nancy Harper" <nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ketchy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'The List'" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 18:46:04 -0400

Penny, your problem will be solved by letting us (PET AIR CARRIER) forward
an extension for your 500 crate.  The extender raises the height of the
crate to meet the regulations.  This prevents the use of a 700 crate which
is difficult to fit on many aircrafts today as well as it keeps the cost of
the shipping rate down.
If you would like for us to do this for you please let me know.  The
extender is custom made and costs $125.00 this includes being dropped
shipped to your door. We would need to know if the door of the crate at the
bottom is rounded or straight across.

The airlines are subject to the rules of IATA and the USDA.  The airlines
are subject to very heavy fines if a stroll through USDA person determines
the airline has accepted a crate which is too small for the dog.  Recently
BA was fined $20,000 for a cat being shipped in a crate that did not meet
the regs.

Nancy Harper-Mulvaney