[ SHOWGSD-L ] sad news

  • From: "Turley, Amber" <act148@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: GSD List <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 12:39:44 -0500

It is with a heavy heart that I tell you of the passing this morning
of our dear friend, Jack LaPresta.  Many of you will remember Jack
from the 70's and 80's when he was showing dogs.  He loved the German
Shepherd and even after he left the show ring, you could always find
him ringside at the Canfield and Northern Ohio shows.  Recently he
ventured into the ring again, so excited that he was still able to be
inside the ring.  He was my Tom's best friend for over 30 years and
this comes as a shock.  He will be dearly missed.  When we know of
the funeral arrangements I will pass this information on.  If you
would like to contribute to a memorial page in the Review please
contact me.
                                Amber Conti Turley
                                act148@xxxxxxxxxxxxx