[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: sables east and czech

  • From: "Carl" <sanderhaus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Liane Fossland" <lfossland@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 18:14:37 -0500

nothing to do with geographics these days, just the pedigrees of the dogs.
it was location when an east germany existed and really the dogs are czech
and slovak dogs now since there is no more czechoslovakia.

east german dogs were more of a showline with a certain type. big blocky
heads, big bone, level backs and really nicely put together dogs which leads
to their reputation for being more laid back, (show lines).
the czech dogs were more of a working dog and used in military and border
patrol.

the west german showline dogs have more of an over cast topline but not
nearly what they had a decade ago.

susan

http://www.sander-haus.com
Home of Sander-Haus German Shepherd Dogs
Quality West German Show Lines