[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: sabataged national

  • From: caggra@xxxxxxx
  • To: carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 15:00:21 -0400

Carloyn,
I agree with the first part of your email.? We are suppose to all be
encouraging the membership and attracting new members.? That seems an almost
impossible task in today's volatile environment.?

As far as our membership putting a stop to "the denunciation and abuse
? of people like Margey and Jamie", I don't think our members know how to do
that.? We have elected voices to represent us.? Unfortunately, some of those
folks have decided they know better than our membership and ignore membership
concerns.?? This has been an interesting year.??Personally I have seen and
spoken with many of our current Board members.? It has been VERY interesting
how?SOME of them have asked me my opinion and engaged in conversation
while?OTHERS have only made statements and sternly expressed opinions.? I
believe our Board has a responsibility to be actively engaging in conversation
with the membership it represents.? How else can they represent the members
that elected them???

Getting back to putting a stop to....?? How does the membership put a stop to
anything the Board does???? As far as I know that only procedure in place for
doing such a thing is through their votes at election time.?

I will say again.? I imagine our best Board members to be those who are asking
questions.? Communication is important and should never be one way.? It is easy
to represent yourself.? It takes a person with strong convictions to truly and
selflessly represent those who put them in that position.?

Jeff Pyle