[ SHOWGSD-L ] sabataged national

  • From: carolyn mckenna <carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 10:52:12 -0700 (PDT)

     Much has been asked concerning the tremendous drop in membership,
  thousands in the last decade.  Who would want to be a part of something
  wrapped up in fighting for power, negotiating for wins, stomping on the
  person "in your way", ad nauseam ?  The younger (in time) members are
  dropping out.  I would, too, if I didn't have 47 years invested as a member;
  however, I am going to stick it out because I hold the, perhaps delusional,
  hope that our membership will put a stop to the denunciation and abuse
  of people like Margey and Jamie, as well as others, who have given so
  much of themselves and have done their utmost to work for this breed.
        There has been in-fighting in the past, but nothing so vicious as what
  we are seeing now.  It was bad 35 or 40 years ago ( I don't remember
  the exact year ) when AKC disallowed our national.  The thought has
  occurred to me that perhaps there is a group who want to do that very
  thing, make the dissention and strife in this club so volitile that AKC will
  again disallow our national, not for this year as it is too late for this
year,
  but for 2008 in Beaumont.
        Give this some thought.  It could  very well happen if we do not put an
immediate stop to this  insanity.  With elections so close, please, everyone
  vote with the future of our club, not personalities, popularity, name
recognition,
  or personal gain, foremost in your mind..
                                      Carolyn