[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: reviewed site

  • From: "" <hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Rebecca Little" <pbgs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 10:46:52 -0500

Rebecca, I understand your point..I just think this site didn't pop up over
night..it has been around awhile therefore until his site was made known to
the List..it was relatively benign..The site itself looks unprofessional
and most find it a turn off to blatantly run others down in print to peddle
your own dogs. His website looks like an "Angry fruit salad" a hodge podge
of BS..not well put together or thought out. You will always have some who
will like his dogs..whether he is tearing down others or not. Keep in
mind.the import breeders often tear down American lines to those
considering buying a show prospect stating they are "unhealthy:" more
susceptible to HD..mentally unsound...they are more aggressive in the
promotion of their ideas..almost militant. Breeders with American lines do
the same to import breeders..although I don't think as aggressively. Since
this guy has no credentials..and an opinion that has not merit..who cares.
A few years back I remember an article that appeared in a dog magazine it
was a interview with a handler. the handler stated that the dog he was
promoting was the best producer the breed had known..he went on to tout the
dog at the expense of others stating how other dog were faulty in one
regard or another. Now..how is this different? It was in writing..it
angered quite a few..but no one sued him for making fictitious comments or
promoting his dog at the expense of others. This same handler made a public
comment heard by many that "Our dog was going to set the breed back twenty
years.." that comment could have cost me breedings..which in turn cost me
money( and I am certain it did) to add to this..with this handlers
credentials in our breed..his opinion held merit to some...did I file
charges against him with the PC..No..did I sue him..NO..what would be the
point. Later( a couple of years) the handler "semi: apologized for his
comment. That didn't change the past..but all is well that ends well
.Christine

saying that the dogs he has posted on his site are "wrong". Doesn't that
reflect on the breeders of those dogs as well as offspring, siblings, ect.
As far as someone defaming him....I think it is the other way around since
he is doing that to ALL the people that he has listed their dogs on his
site. Does this make since to anyone else?