[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: response to Deena

  • From: WLFHRTGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: dc@xxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 10:34:19 EDT

In a message dated 10/6/05 6:53:08 AM, dc@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< So basically non conformation people need to just shut up and not rock the

boat?  They should respect that their voices in the club have little impact?

The PC club will show support of non conformation venues as long as they

realize they don't carry the same committment?  What if they want more than

'an indication of good faith'?  If they want to help control the future of

the breed by helping control the parent club?  Why is attempting to get the

PC club to be more well rounded a wasted effort?  Why should non

conformation people support a wasted effort?

This isn't rocking the boat -- it's SINKING THE SHIP.

"HELP" control the PC????  The word I think DICTATE is a far more accurate
word.

Those of us that belong to BOTH the GSDCA and the WDA can get a roster of
GSDCA members -- and, apparently, ALL their permanent records!  But we can't
even
get a roster of WDA members?????  Are we on "DOUBLE SECRET PROBATION?" Will w
e get rosters after an appropriate "HAZING" of black-robed fraternity members?

Non-conformation......is that the same as being "NONCONFORMIST?"

THIS list is SHOWGSD.  I'm joined THIS list about one year after it was
started because at that time I was really new to conformation.  When I joined
the
GSDCA, in 1995, I already had almost ten years of "PERFORMANCE" titles hanging
on the wall.  I just found out yesterday, on THIS list that OBEDIENCE,
TRACKING, THERAPY DOG, CGC, TEMPERAMENT CERTIFICATION DON'T COUNT AS "WORKING!"

Sometimes I visit a chat room devoted to heavy metal music.  But I don't sit
there and complain that no one considers Jessica Simpson to be a musician in
that chat room....

Should I go visit a Golden Retriever chat and complain that they are
"PRO-GOLDEN" and therefore "ANTI-GSD?"  (I have nothing against Goldens, so if
anyone
out there has Goldens, or likes that breed, please don't be offended.
Goldenness popped into my mind because I've got at least three to groom at work
today).

I went to sleep at 3:30 this morning, and got up a little before 7:00.  I was
in a decent mood until I checked the mail here....I'd watched the sun come up
on a beautiful, clear fall day....yesterday we were in the 80's, today is
more typical of fall -- it's about 50 right now.  When I woke up on October 6
twenty-one years ago, (1984) I was in a peaceful mood, until my dad told me I'd
better get UP and start preparing for the day....when my dad reminded me we had
a very full day, my stomach turned over -- it was a day I'd dreamed of for
years....

MY WEDDING DAY!

And all I could think of was Harry Caray singing "Hey hey, no doubt about it"
because the Cubs were two games up in post season play.  I was in a daze
walking down the aisle -- the longest walk of my life -- my dad was crying as
he
held me up -- or maybe it was the other way around....

This morning, my husband woke me up (I slept through my alarm) and wished me
a happy anniversary before he went to work.  He'd written "I love you" in my
day planner.

Now I have another stomach ache, and my nerves are just as much on edge....in
1984 I held all the cards that day....my mom kept telling me to stop smoking,
turn the stereo off and GET DRESSED - the photographer was coming soon.  I
just said "This party doesn't start without ME."  (Brides RULE!)

But today's "party" isn't any fun....it's a nightmare.

And it will go on with or without me.  I was very close to just quitting dogs
period two days ago.  But truth be told, when faced with stress and a "fight,
flee, or freeze" scenario, I've learned that I fight.  And seeing the impact
that ONE young lady - Melissa Chavez - made on our list and for our breed and
it's future by bringing the needs of the Juniors to our attention - my "fight"
instinct kicked into overdrive -

I cannot, and will not quit dogs.  The recent terrorist attacks on the good
members of this club left me more than a little shell-shocked.  Yes, I DO
consider it TERRORIST attacks....flank, attack, then run award just like any
other c
oward.  Anyone who is behind the attacks is, IMHO, on the same level as the
cowards who took out the WTC on 9/11.  So go hide and smile about your
perceived victory....because it is, believe me, ONLY a perceived victory.

We will NOT run.  We will NOT hide.  Someone, somewhere, is pulling the
strings of those that are trying to terrorize us.  The things that have
happened
have been too well orchestrated to have been organized by one person, no matter
how devious and sinister they appear to be.  Those that are willing to go down
"publicly" for their reprehensible acts are no different from the suicide
bombers who truly believe that their own sacrifice will benefit what they
erroneously believe is the "greater good."

Even the most legendary paragon of evil - Darth Vader - ultimately chose to
reject the power of the Dark Side...and the good man that Annakin once was,
triumphed and went to Jedi heaven.

Remember, even Darth Vader was a pawn -- the Emperor lured him to the Dark
Side with false promises that ONLY the power of the Dark Side could save the
life of his beloved wife.  Ironically, she died in childbirth while the
miracles
of medicine (a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away) saved Annakin's life
after Obi-Wan knocked him into the lava pit...entrapping Annakin, who by then
was Lord Darth Vader....in that fabulous black suit.

So in conclusion, I will NOT run away, I will NOT give up, I will NOT give in
to the falsehoods.  I WILL stand in front of the good members that are being
hurt, and if I go down  - get kicked off the list - out of the GSDCA -
publicly humiliated - whatever, I will at least be able to face myself in the
mirror,
knowing that I did NOT go silently into the night.  I stand as a target
before you.   I am a freestanding, freethinking, and freespeaking person.  I
have
only my words as my shield.  I cannot see you, and I may already be in the
crosslines of a sniper's scope -- (figuratively speaking).  Strike me down, and
someone else will stand in place.  Strike them down, someone else will take
their place.  And so it will go.....

Kelly Busse
Wolfheart German Shepherds