[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: response to Deena

  • From: Tigra12@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 22:19:09 EDT

You're both right...conformation does control the GSDCA, and it always
will...but Deena is also correct in stating that we working dog people feel
extremely segregated from the community.
The majority of the time, when I wish to give my input, I am asked, "How many
champions have YOU finished?"  And they know the answer is none.  But because
I have not finished any Champions yet, is my opinion/advice to be ignored?
I'm still a member of the breed.  I see many a junior being shot down too
(though I'm sure many of you will disagree).  Because they are young and new to
the
breed, their feelings and opinions are not considered.

The working people feel unwelcome because the working discussions are shut
down, and, while this is a conformation list, perhaps it should not be
considered the "unofficial official list of the GSDCA"  because even if it is
an
"unofficial official" list, the word official in there, to me, implies that
working
discussions would be allowed (when I say working, I mean herding and
schutzhund, I personally consider everything else to be performance).

Or, there will be a post made about herding that is acceptable (even if it is
"just a brag") but making a brag about your dog going HIT, HOT, SchH III is a
nono.

It would be nice if somebody extended a hand to the working people to say
"Welcome aboard" or vice versa, but the comaraderie just isn't there, and it
should be.  We've got 5 types of shepherd, but it is still one breed.

 - Jackie