[ SHOWGSD-L ] resend Amateur futurity- without garble

  • From: "Donna Graham" <dgraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GSD List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 12:14:27 -0400

Sorry  resending this post without the garble  I keep forgetting
that my one email  seems to ad a bunch of garble onto the posts
when they go to the list

       If dogs that hadn't been entered in the regular futurity hadn't been
entered there would have basically been no amateur futurity.

      Ann

      I don't agree with this statement.  Now grant  it alot of the dogs that
were entered in the amateur
      Venue were Also in the regular futurity this year  but I think that had a
lot more to do with  seeing how things were going to work out with the amateur
venue and there were only a few that wanted to give it a try.

      I  think it would be better if we had to choose which venue to
participate in.  That way  the same animal  isn't winning both  and it gives
someone else a chance to take another quality
      Animal on to the national.

      Or  enter both  but if your animal  does win in the regular futurity
(BIF, BOF, or any of the reserves)
      Then they are no longer eligible to
      Compete for the amateur division.  Somewhat like the Novice class  if you
win a point you no longer compete in novice.    I think that would make if more
fair  for the dogs AND  handlers
      It would be a little more encouraging to be in an amateur setting knowing
your not competing with
      Yesterdays  Big winners.

      As far as limiting who can  handle  any amateur  should be ok (Don't
think judges should be included )

      Why not on the Amateur entry form  have a statement such as they do with
the Junior handlers

      It states  :  By signing the entry form  I certify that the Junior
Showman does not now, and will not at any time , act as an agent/handler for
pay while continuing to compete in Junior Showmanship

      I'm sure this could be reworded to fit the amateur entries somehow.

      Just a few thoughts.

      Donna

lhund's Sierra Mist,CD,RA,CGC
Adelhund's Count of Monte Cristo RN,TC