[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: rescues from out of state

  • From: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • To: ValleSaladoGSD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 21:04:08 EDT

No, Connie.   What that means if the truckloads of animals that are being
trucked in from other states.   Sometimes they are for petstores from dog farms
(commercial breeders, this isn't meant to be derogatory, I just know that they
are raising stock,so call it like it is..sheep ranches, cattle ranches, dog
farms).   And some of the trucking is a good thing.   If there is a state with
an overabundance of abandoned animals, and another state that can place them,
fine.   Just have correct statistics.

And the carloads smuggled in from Mexico and now Asia, and the imports from
out of the country to rescues.   If the rescues do that, have them account for
it, and if the imports end up in shelters, be accountable and get them
out...have a means of identifying as they want home breeders to do.

More........

Stormy
In a message dated 7/13/07 4:50:40 PM, ValleSaladoGSD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
writes:

> Dogs and cats are still brought in from out of state, and maybe  there is
> an
> answer there.
> This is something that I have been thinking about lately. I am wondering if
> being brought in from out of state means what I and many other rescues do .
> For instance, there is a dog on the urgent list and there is no other rescue
> in that state that has room for him. If I have room for him in my kennel,
> then
> I get transport arranged for him and have him brought to Colorado . That is
> not because there are an abundance of homes here but because if someone
> doesn't step up to help him he will go to the gas chamber .

~~~~~~~~
Stormy Hope
California Federation of Dog Clubs
www.cfodconline.org