[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: requirements

  • From: Rbuffdogs@xxxxxxx
  • To: hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, MarcatoGSD@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 15:38:31 EDT

In a message dated 7/17/2006 7:04:10 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
) the  Select
rating is the best we have to evaluate the cream of the crop. So ,  you
people truly want the "total" dog..then you should have no problem  with
this requirment.C.Grainger

Well Christine,
You would think that people would embrace things to make our 'best' be held
to a better, higher standard.  I think much of the hew and cry is fear (OMG  ,
what if my Ch. blows it? What if I am forced to re-assess my breeding line?)
or from plain ole apathy....don't care, don't know, don't even want to
bother.  These individuals will put up a fight against anything new or
different,
if it means we just don't sail along with the hear no evil, see  no evil, and
every GSD ever born, finished and certainly in "MY KENNEL "couldn't  need a
higher standard of evaluation.

To progress in ANY endevor you must raise the bar, strive to a higher  level,
seek excellence, and test and try and ferret out weakness and problems,
potential or existing.....to remain static INSURES failure sooner or  later.
There are people that actively seek progress and others that are  happy to
leave
skeletons undisturbed.   Like you, we prefer to move  forward, and look to what
we may address, how, and what benefits will be reaped  from doing so, as well
as addressing issues that bring no honor to this  breed.

Kathy