[ SHOWGSD-L ] redneck spelling, mispronouncings, and jokes

  • From: Peggy <pmick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 17:29:31 -0400

In light of the recent discussions about bad spelling, that turned into
comments about rednecks, I thought this material might be of interest to
the list.
People have made redneck jokes for years. It's time to take a reflective
look at the core beliefs of a culture that values home, family, country
and God.  If I had to stand before a dozen terrorists who threaten my
life, I'd choose a half dozen or so rednecks to back me up.  Tire irons,
squirrel guns and grit -- that's what rednecks are made of.  I hope I am
one of those.  If you feel the same, pass this on to your redneck
friends.  Ya'll know who ya' are...
You might be a redneck if: It never occurred to you to be offended by
the phrase, "One nation, under God."

You might be a redneck if: You've never protested about seeing the 10
Commandments posted in public places.

You might be a redneck if: You still say "Christmas" instead of "Winter
Festival."

You might be a redneck if: You bow your head when someone prays.

You might be a redneck if: You stand and place your hand over your heart
when   they play the National Anthem.

You ! might be a redneck if: You treat Viet Nam vets with great respect,
and always have.

You might be a redneck if: You've never burned an American flag.

You might be a redneck if: You know what you believe and you aren't
afraid to say so, no matter who is listening.

You might be a redneck if: You respect your elders and expect your kids
to do the same.

You might be a redneck if: You'd give your last dollar to a frie! nd.

If you got this email from me, it is because I believe that you, like
me, have just enough Red Neck in you to have the same beliefs as those
talked about in this email.

God Bless the U S A !