[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: recent posts

  • From: Theresa-GSD Stolz-Scenecrest Farm <scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, izaackerman@xxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 12:26:29 -0700 (PDT)

Is this not what is considered being a reputable breeder is all about
exposing the truth in their bloodline and let others know?

Kathy clearly states she posts it on her website as I read it, so I am
asking will you
tell me privately so please contact me.  I have been researching for answers
for the last 12 years on Hemangiosarcoma and yes it is inherited.

It is in certain GSD bloodlines and it has been here for a very long time.
Research
genetic books, old reviews, dog magazines, talk to vets,  it is going to get
worst if breeders
do not realize how devasting this disease is.  I get very attached to my dogs
just like you do and when I lose one it tears my heart out and I want answers.
do not blame any breeder that is trying their best but you need to realize that
this deals with the future of the GSD.  My heart was broken each time I lost
a GSD to this disease
but it is not going away unless we breed away from it.  If it is in your line
you need to out-cross to one that has no history of it.  So how do you know if
it is kept secret or shared
privately.  Look what happens when you sell a GSD to someone not knowing and
they double up with bloodlines that died from the disease what happens then?

The GSD I own right now, I know this disease is in his background and yes he
came from a reputable breeder that tests for everything who had no knowledge of
it at the time.  Do I believe he will die from it the answer is probably
yes.  I asked his breeder before I bought him if it was in the line, the
breeder not knowing didn't think so due to not being told.  I now will
probably suffer the heartache of losing him to Hemangiosarcoma since he is
starting to show certain signs.

Theresa

From: Penny & Bill <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: recent posts
To: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, izaackerman@xxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, September 5, 2012, 2:47 PM

I don't think it should be a requirement to post from what dogs died  in The
Review.  It's personal.  However, I have NOTHING to hide and if anyone wants
to know anything, just ask me.  No subterfuge, no tricks, just the truth.

Penny in NC
The Farm Dog

I agree.

I usually put something on my web site but it may take a few months.

If the purpose of the original poster was to study pedigrees, there's an
easy way to find out what genetic bads are in a pedigree. TALK DIRECTLY TO
THE  BREEDERS INVOLVED.

I know without a doubt I could call Iza this minute and if I was
considering breeding to/buying something she would be brutally honest about
which of
her dogs produced this or that, what I should consider, what has  worked,
what hasn't and also what I should consider breeding away from. And  there
are dozens and dozens more just like her.

Now, if I was just calling to gather gossip, different story.  Too  many
people in dogs like to collect information to gossip and then the next  time
you hear snippets you wouldn't recognize it.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

I take exception to what was said about telling people what my  dog (any
dog) died from.  I donâ��t like to post my personal griefs, and  surely
wouldn�
t put it in the Review.  (not that any dog of mine that  anyone would be
interested in has passed away recently).  Good grief  -

Iza Kabuska-Ackerman
www.Karizmashepherds.com
AKC Breeder of  Merit
Breeder of a Canadian Grand Victor, an American Grand Victor,
and  many more beautiful dogs  !