[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: reading it differently

  • From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • To: sallyhayden5@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 17:24:14 -0500 (EST)

Thank you Sally.

I have sort of been of the grid since my original post and am just now catching
up.  You have it right!

I am a GSD PERSON, period!  While I haven't accomplished much in the show world
with my dogs, I have had many AWESOME accomplishments with my GSD's.  Charm was
the 2004 Hero Dog, Good Will Ambassador and something in which I take great
pride.  I have pups that have become service dogs for autistic children and as
therapy dogs.  I will never give up having a GSD.  I am passionate and
dedicated to the GSD and what they offer to everyone who has been lucky enough
to have one in their life.  .

I am not so dedicated and passionate about showing in conformation.  In that
respect, I have been disappointed, frustrated and felt alienated.

The Papillon was a fluke.  I got him in a barter situation with the only
commitment on my part was to show him.  I am having fun with him and have been
included and accepted in the Papillon circle since I got him.  They reached out
to me and welcomed me to the Breed.  They include me in building majors, advise
me of good/bad judges and give me grooming advice.  I have only had this pup
for 6 weeks!  I am looking forward to showing this little guy, even tho I am
going to look like a total wimp, pinky extended, to show this little guy,LOL!

That is something GSD people really need to work on.  Inclusion, not exclusion.
 I will ALWAYS have a GSD.  Just need to get priorities straight.  I am
choosing to go with where I really have fun with my dogs.

Laura Thomas