[ SHOWGSD-L ] re puppy buyers GRRRRRRR

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 18:21:54 EDT

A couple of days ago I was forwarded an email by a reputable  breeder about a
man looking for 2 dogs, he had just put his 11 1/2 yr old  dogs down.
He wanted a male and a female, of different blood lines, had to be
outstanding but not show dogs, and claimed he would never breed them  unless
his family
wanted some dogs.
His specifics beside bloodlines were size    Requirements:  male  26/27
inches high. 95/100  pounds
female  25/26 inches high  80/85 pounds

The email hit me wrong, alarm bells go off when people want  2 different
bloodlines.  Instead of an answer back just saying I  have nothing for him, I
attempted to explain why a responsible breeder  would be upset at his
requirements.   I suggested what his  requirements should be when
looking.....good
temperament, good pedigree,  healthy, sound, from knowledgeable and responsible
breeders who stand  behind their dogs. I mentioned BSL and MSN and puppy mills
and
why people  are cautious.
I told him I had nothing for him and told him sorry about the loss of  his
dogs.
He just called and told me I was evil, that no shepherd should allow  anyone
to approach them, the AKC was crazy and so are most "top breeders"  and I
should not have condemned him on his requirements.  I attempted  to explain
that I
gave him a response on why I had nothing for him.
He says he has circulated my email far and wide on my evils  .............I
guess the next time I will go with fewer words and let them  figure it out for
themselves.   SHeeeesh!!!!
Molly

Trillia  German Shepherds since 1972 ph 409-287-3940
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC  of Beaumont, Life member CKC
"Never be afraid to try something new.  Remember that a lone amateur
built the Ark. A large group of  professionals built the  Titanic"