[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: re health and genetics question

  • From: "Penny & Bill" <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx>, <Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 10:54:20 -0400

Theresa, I know what you mean.  In the toxic litter that I bred, I cried
along with the owners of the dogs that died from bloat, torsion and toxic
gut, all before they were 3 years old.  It's the age of these deaths that
bother me.  Others that have died young that were bought and owned by me:
12 week old pup--toxic gut, 1 year old bitch--crippling hip dysplasia, 2
year old bitch--bloat, 2 year old male--heart attack, 5 year old
bitch--bloat, 6 year old Champion male--torsion.  My daughter Kwis lost  2
males that I bought:  5 year old--toxic gut, 8 year old Champion--pancreatic
cancer.  (I am NOT counting the older GSDs, who of course, passed on because
of their senior status.)  It's the age!  AND I am NOT breeder-bashing.
Heck, I'm a breeder (just not recently.)  And I've come to realize that HD &
ED are not all that bad--at least our dogs don't DIE from it.  As a few
other people said, there are no perfect dogs and never will be.  But can't
they live a wee bit longer?

Penny in NC
The Farm Dog Forever

Yesterday a person I know saw my GSD again and she felt bad since as she
told
me she lost her 5 year old GSD in February to DM.  She chose to buy  his GSD
as she liked
mine so much and no she did not buy from a pet breeder. My intention is not
to offend
anyone but let people know there are more GSD's dying out there to diseases
than most
ssem to believe.

Theresa