[ SHOWGSD-L ] re dog books

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 08:14:08 EST

In a message dated 11/4/2009 4:35:54 A.M. Central Standard Time,
Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
I'm interested in knowing what FAVORITE dog books everyone  owns.  My
favorites are Strickland & Moses's The  German Shepherd Today, Sue
Barwig's The German Shepherd Book  and Dr. Pitcairn's Natural Health
for Dogs and Cats.  (I  also recommend How to Be Your Dog's Best
Friends by the Monks  of New Skete for my puppy buyers.)
Anyone  else?

If I remember right Penny, there were 2 books by the  Monks...cannot
remember what the other was but found them both good for  newbie's so to speak.

An informative read dealing with vaccinosis and the effects  of same should
be required reading for any dog owner.   It is  called "Who Killed the
Darling Buds of May" by Catherine O'Driscoll.   It will be a shocking eye
opener
for those still giving multi in one  shots.

Molly

Trillia German Shepherds  since 1972 ph 409-287-3940
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont  (recording secretary), Life member
CKC
"We find comfort among those who  agree with us - growth among those who
don't".
..Frank A  Clark