[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: re Full communication

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: jackkilgour@xxxxxxx, edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 17:16:27 -0400 (EDT)

Oh come on Jack, you can't possibly mean the bitch's owner is "is someone
who lacks knowledge or adequate information to form a reliable opinion".
This is an individual whose first dog died and now the replacement has
epilepsy.  The dog has been thoroughly vetted.  A BAD happened.   We've all
been
there,  most of us on both ends (owner and breeder and  sometimes breeder
and owner). It's no fun any way you look at it, in fact  it just plain sucks
for all involved.

I sincerely doubt the dog was hit on the head, over vaccinated or overdosed
 w/ a toxic substance.

Helen writes "The fact is, there are some bloodlines and stud dogs that do
produce
Epilepsy, as well as other dreaded genetic diseases.  I mention  stud dogs
because they influence a greater majority of the breed.  That  is not to say
that Epilepsy cannot be contracted from another source.   However, important
dogs in our breed have been known carriers.  That  being said, because we
are so emotionally involved with our dogs and loyal to  our friends, it
becomes almost impossible to have "full communication" as to  these
carriers."

And she's absolutely correct.   I feel badly for all  involved.  That's not
something we want to experience as an owner and not a  phone call we want
to get as a breeder. Thank you Helen.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions
visit http://www.pinehillgsds.com/

In a message dated 5/19/2013 4:42:59 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jackkilgour@xxxxxxx writes:

LOL  FB....LOL, what I meant by pure ignorance is someone who lacks
knowledge or  adequate information to form a reliable opinion – not
“rude” or “
mean” as some  people use the word ignorant/ignorance.
You’re fine FB – and so worry not  about your students – they may not all
vote you in as teacher of the year, but  something tells me if you attend
some school reunions up the road, you’ll have  a few more saying “you were
the dog back then man...and I should have paid  more attention to you...”
........hehehehe.......”but what do I  know”
Jack
........Ed Barritt says that all the time too...thinking  Kathaleen may
have in fact borrowed it from him.