[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: rabies?

  • From: GrnRam415@xxxxxxx
  • To: dir@xxxxxxxxxx, vonadlerhof@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 00:17:54 EST

Sandi,
Why would you be charged anything for a dog that is not in residence?  That
doesn't make sense.  You may be the owner, but if the dog doesn't live with
you, how can he/she be subject to your County regs?  If the dog isn't with you,
you you can't get it vaccinated.  Have you personally notified the County and
advised them the dog is not there?  I have not had an issue with any adult dogs
I licensed then sold/placed right after.  I send in the registration checking
the box that says I no longer have/own the dog.  I can't remember the exact
wording, but they never called me or sent another renewal after that.  And, I
do co-own one of the dogs who still resides in the same County.  That said, if
it did come to a $10 fee, I would just pay it to get them off my back.  JMHO

Laura Thomas

In a message dated 12/30/2006 9:05:30 PM Pacific Standard Time,
dir@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
My local county has been after me for BadBoy's rabies innoculation, info has
been called into them that the dog is with his handlers and no longer lives
in Il.,Whiteside County or Sterling, IL..
I now have to pay a $10 fee to Whiteside county because he is over due for
his rabies injection.
Can someone give me a clue?