[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: rabies?

  • From: GrnRam415@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 21:45:25 EST

I won't put another old dog through that.  A few years ago, I had to bring
Treasure, 12 yrs old with DM, to the vet for rabies.  The City insisted on it.
The vet came out to the truck to give him the vaccine.  The next year, the
license renewal stated that if the dog has a medical condition or your vet
states
that he/should should not be given the vaccine, the City will accept a letter
from the vet.  Wish that had come a year earlier.  I don't think they accept
titers yet.
My vet also said that dogs who have had regular rabies vaccinations would be
protected for life by that age.  And, yes a titers can verify that, if you
want to make sure.

I sure don't see how the VET would get in trouble for not giving a rabies
vaccine.

Laura Thomas
www.treasureranchgsds.com

In a message dated 12/30/2006 6:29:53 PM Pacific Standard Time,
DOGSRLUV@xxxxxxx writes:
I can tell you my old  lady who is
almost 13 will not get another....I think it will do more harm than  good at
this
age.

Deb