[ SHOWGSD-L ] r....a Quebec dog !!(Quebec-bred...American owned)

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <michel.chaloux@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 21:54:23 -0500

Yes, big, big congratulations to France Bergeron!!!  She not only bred the
2007 Eukanuba winner, Hidalgo (whose
call name is Charmin', as in "squeezably soft," but his litter brother,
Efbe's Merci Pour Le Poivre, (shown by Jody Paquette)
who is currently Number One dog all breeds in Canada...he is so far ahead
that no other dog is going to catch him.
France also bred and owns the #2 Terrier in Canada, an 18 month old (or
thereabouts) bitch
that already has something like 4 or 5 Bests... Now, if you want to talk
about a BREEDER---
she breeds the #4 dog (all breeds) in the USA, the top dog and #2 terrier in
Canada.........
a pretty good record, if you ask me!!!

When you want to know how great breeders can work in partnership, just look
at the record here...
France Bergeron used a stud dog that belonged to (and was bred by) Margery
Good, who owns and shows
the Eukanuba winner.  Margy also owns a Kerry Blue terrier shown by France
Godbout, (another Canadian, altho
one who now lives in Florida)...France G. owned and showed the top winning
Kerry in 2002 and 2003...a bitch
who was ALSO bred to a dog of Margery's.  Margy owns a male from that
litter, and France shows it...he has
won several groups and at least one Best in Show...more than his sire ever
did, but not so many as his dam, River...
    These ladies continue to work together for the good of their respective
breeds...no jealousy, no "I have to have THIS
one" only to be met by a "NO, I WANT IT".........they worked it out.

I don't know France Bergeron--but she must be OK...because the other ladies
are fine examples of what good
breeders/exhibitors can and should be.

    As for Sealys, I dismissed the idea of owning one over 25 years ago,
when three different and knowledgeable Terrier
men told me how difficult it was to work the coat.  That and,I was never
sure I really wanted to live with white
dogs with coats............Pointers are one thing...coats are something
else.

    Anyway...it takes more than just dedication to turn out a Sealy...those
coats will kill you!  She must be a
really dedicated breeder as well as a successful one!

Michel --- send France our Best Congratulations, too!!

Peggy