[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: questions, questions

  • From: CLOVERLEIFE@xxxxxxx
  • To: Stormy435@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 12:41:05 EST

In a message dated 1/7/2005 12:07:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Stormy435@xxxxxxx writes:
any contract that incorporates something illegal,
requiring a spay/neuter and withholding papers until it is done illegal????
by the time they pay an attorney, they could have paid the asking price to have
the breeding rights......the buyers are aware before they sign the contract
of the requirements in the contract that goes along with the puppy...no one is
holding a gun to their head to buy the puppy if they do NOT like the
requirements....many here in my area could care less if they get papers on
their
puppy...their main concern is the price and temperament ....also when one
places
their ad, they can state puppies will be sold on spay/neuter contract only and
then they can go to another breeder if they dont like what is required.....most
i have talked to, dont want to breed as they have heard about the genetic
nightmares in both the german and american lines.....i have talked to some
german
line breeders and they are having trouble getting over 250.00 for a pet and
they will NOT sell with the breeding rights for that price....i will give my
puppies away after i do the spay/neuter myself when they are older rather than
give away my bloodlines for 250.00...this is one of the main reasons, people
quit showing as too difficult to sell their puppies to help with the showing
expenses...in my contract, it states what my asking price is for breeding
rights
and keeping puppy intact or a spay/neuter of said puppy..also they sign that
they do NOT want the papers so i cannot be accused of withholding the papers if
that is their choice where some want to keep the puppy intact but do NOT want
to breed or neuter...the men dont want their males neutered, where the women
dont want puppies as too much responsibility raising their own children

Natalie