[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: questioning 'coats'....

  • From: "Carolyn Martello" <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bnbgsds2000@xxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 13:05:12 -0700

This was years ago......there was no DNA testing for coats at that
time......only long coat
breedings.......<G>......which was the point of Ann and my posts......and
no....... the test now
is not done through the Parent Club.     Not their responsibility.
I'm not sure we need "mandatory"  anything!    Get enough of that in our
Government.
<G>
I know of no  DNA marker our Parent Club paid $70,000 for?   They have donated
funds to
some medical research &  testing through DNA,  etc.............?

I hardly think coats are high on that priority.

Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.Marhaven.com

  From: Carolyn Martello <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>To: pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx,
showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Date: Friday, August 13, 2010, 11:00 PM
  Typically I would assume that was more than enough proof.........but
then.......I know of a much
  used stud dog that was listed in the Review years ago as not carrying the
coat factor.
  When he was about 7 years old..........that changed. <G>
  Have had quite a few change the 'status' later of their studs listed on my No
Coat Factor list

  Maybe it's an 'age thing'..................<G>

  From: DOGSRLUV@xxxxxxxxxxx: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 15:41:35 EDT
  That is as good as any DNA Test...LOL

  edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
  Carolyn,
  I have people that want DNA results that guarantees AOE Ch Mechanical Bull
doesn't carry the coat
  gene. He has had 5 litters out of coated bitches, NO coats. <G>